A couple jobs completed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tsbot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I would put these all in one thread. I had some downtime after dinner at the station so I thought I would get a few things done. I added anchors to the bed rails - which of course needed some modding to seat properly (plastic bed caps needed trimming underneath so the anchor would attach properly to the frame), debadged the "Ram 1500" off the doors, and of course got new wheels/tires (as seen in previous post).

Of course I had to polish and wax where the badges were, so I figured why not do the whole thing :favorites13:

Man I have to say that without this forum, I don't think I would have done a lot of these things! :roflsquared:

IMG_5691_zpsr9zr7fxa.jpeg

IMG_5900_zpsusrzwi7t.jpg

IMG_5898_zpscrpk9hcj.jpg

IMG_5902_zps32teevdh.jpg

Last edited:

Dbenson32

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 TRX
Engine
Looks awesome! Nice touch with the hooks.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had those on my last truck,great for securing empty cardboard boxes in place but wouldn't trust them for much more.They claim a decent amount of weight can be held with them but after i applied pressure to one it started to distort & i didn't think it was all that much pressure.I will not be putting them on this truck.
I thought they could be used to secure a motorcycle but i highly doubt it @ least not a full size harley or anything else that heavy.

OP
OP
T

Tsbot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had those on my last truck,great for securing empty cardboard boxes in place but wouldn't trust them for much more.They claim a decent amount of weight can be held with them but after i applied pressure to one it started to distort & i didn't think it was all that much pressure.I will not be putting them on this truck.
I thought they could be used to secure a motorcycle but i highly doubt it @ least not a full size harley or anything else that heavy.

Good to know. So far my only use is tying down mountain bikes so they don't shift on turns.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
My buddy has those. I like them. We have used them for a things already.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
can those be mounted on the inside sides of the bed?

OP
OP
T

Tsbot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can those be mounted on the inside sides of the bed?

I don't think so, they clamp under the bedrail - the tighter the screws, the tighter the clamp to the underside rail.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't think so, they clamp under the bedrail - the tighter the screws, the tighter the clamp to the underside rail.

oh I see, I'm looking for extra attach points inside the bed that are similar to the 4 stock loops