Decked bed storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any of you guys have the "decked" bed storage system? I'm thinking of getting it for my construction tools. I keep seeing ads for it everywhere but don't know anyone with it.

I just like to see how much you can actually store in those drawers.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've used them extensively in the oil field in the past. They were able to hold a fair amount of tools, and would probably hold all your go-to carpentry tools. Like any other organizational system though, it's only as good as your organization. I found that when I came back after a few weeks off, (my back-to-back used the truck while I was away), I had to completely reorganize to get what I wanted back in.

Don't go cheap, the system won't be as robust and won't handle heavier weights. Just because it's "rated" at X pounds, doesn't mean to will slide in and out easily for years when loaded.

OP
OP
I

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've used them extensively in the oil field in the past. They were able to hold a fair amount of tools, and would probably hold all your go-to carpentry tools. Like any other organizational system though, it's only as good as your organization. I found that when I came back after a few weeks off, (my back-to-back used the truck while I was away), I had to completely reorganize to get what I wanted back in.

Don't go cheap, the system won't be as robust and won't handle heavier weights. Just because it's "rated" at X pounds, doesn't mean to will slide in and out easily for years when loaded.

Are you saying the decked system is cheap or are there knockoffs now? Basically I'd need it to hold drills, saws, screws, hammers , cords etc. I have a cargo trailer now and a dump trailer and would love to be able to keep my tools in the truck, and haul the dump trailer in one trip to the job instead of 2. Ill probably get a topper shell to secure bigger stuff like step ladders and compressors.