Diode Dynamics Switchbacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know the plug and play version was being worked on but no updates yet that I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would like to install these switchbacks but I would rather do this with their second generation switchbacks

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Where did you hear that? There's always going to need to be a driver for them. The ones they are selling now are the second generation.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It used to be on their website close to the bottom of the description page.

Did the first generations require cutting the stock wire harness off to allow the led control board to be connected to the turn signal vehicle leads?

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not sure what they have for the 4th gen ram, But I put then in my Challenger, and Goldwing. They work great.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea im interested in these aswell as i just picked up a set of tyc reps. I watched their install video and it seemed simple but they cut the stock boards off and never show how to wire them up. They say they will show how to wire them up but they never do show it.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It used to be on their website close to the bottom of the description page.

Did the first generations require cutting the stock wire harness off to allow the led control board to be connected to the turn signal vehicle leads?

I don't think they've ever required cutting. When you install them, you remove the stock boards and put these in their place. Then you're supposed to run the wiring lead out the back of the housing and plug it into the driver. The driver then connects to the headlight harness with T-taps.

The cleanest install would be to cut the wires inside the housing where they run from the connector to the stock driver. You could then splice in the new driver and mount it inside the light. From outside it would appear stock and you would just plug the harness in like normal. I personally think this is the way to go. But, DD tells you not to do it in case you ever have a problem with the driver and need to replace it. With the quality of their stuff, though, I wouldn't worry about that.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this very set sitting in my garage awaiting install. Since everyone here has warned me how 'more' difficult the '16 headlights are to separate, I'm talking mine to a preferred installer. Right down the road.

OP
OP
R

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this very set sitting in my garage awaiting install. Since everyone here has warned me how 'more' difficult the '16 headlights are to separate, I'm talking mine to a preferred installer. Right down the road.
Can you post pics of the kit's components before you have them installed? Just curious on what it looks like

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Can you post pics of the kit's components before you have them installed? Just curious on what it looks like

I just had Jeremy at Retroshop install the switchbacks and halo/cbars for me. I didn't take any pictures of the kit, but it comes as a board with a pigtail and the driver piece that has a plug to the board side, driver piece in the middle (about 1"X1"x2.5") and jacketed wires (I think four total) on the other end. When I got the lights back from Jeremey there was a just single wire coming out from under the dust cap that got hooked up to the Pin 14 in the headlight harness. All the other connections were made inside the headlight and the driver piece and the rest of the wiring stayed inside the lights. All I had to do on my end was to install a tap on the wire going to pin 14 and plug the wire in.