Disappointing Nerf Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Offthehook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ordered a set of 4" Ionic Nerf bars from Realtruck.com and was very disappointed with the brackets and how they looked on my truck. The oval step bars looked great but with them mounted, all I could see were brackets on the bottom with bolt heads hanging down. Not to mention the spacing away from the cab just to far for my taste. So now I'm back to square one with deciding what brand/style I want. I like the look of the Iron Cross HD but not sure if that style is for me. OEM would be the best but I'm not dropping $700 bucks on nerf bars. I'm open to suggestions from anybody willing to chime in and pictures would be a plus. My biggest gripe is spacing away from the cab and how gaudy the brackets look when mounted. Thanks in advance for the response.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oem black are 345 for the Crew Cab with free shipping from mopar online parts. I posted the free shipping code in another post if you need it. I still think they are the best with exception to AMP.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yea I wanted factory ones BUT in the we owe and I didn't catch it it said nerf bars, NOT OEM
BUT I am happy with mine for most part.
Been on truck since new in 2013.

You have pics of they look like on your truck?

OP
OP
O

Offthehook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't even finish mounting them. Took em off and boxed them back up and will send them back tomorrow. Realtruck.com's service is top notch as they were great setting up the return for me. daveray99 please post that free shipping code when you get chance. I wanted stainless OEM but would consider the black.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have the chrome OEM wheel to wheel on my Quad cab, IMO fit close and look good, $500.00 at my dealer ! Not the cheapest but IMO very well made as well! !

Attachments

• DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00240.jpg
    DSC00240.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Aries rocker steps on my truck and i really like them. they fit high and tight and they have lots of grip. love the way they look too!

ARIES Automotive | Rocker Steps

We sell these if your interested, as well as many other brands of steps

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oem black are 345 for the Crew Cab with free shipping from mopar online parts. I posted the free shipping code in another post if you need it. I still think they are the best with exception to AMP.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can you post the link for us please ?

Father Of Four

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I ordered a set of 4" Ionic Nerf bars from Realtruck.com and was very disappointed with the brackets and how they looked on my truck. The oval step bars looked great but with them mounted, all I could see were brackets on the bottom with bolt heads hanging down. Not to mention the spacing away from the cab just to far for my taste. So now I'm back to square one with deciding what brand/style I want. I like the look of the Iron Cross HD but not sure if that style is for me. OEM would be the best but I'm not dropping $700 bucks on nerf bars. I'm open to suggestions from anybody willing to chime in and pictures would be a plus. My biggest gripe is spacing away from the cab and how gaudy the brackets look when mounted. Thanks in advance for the response.

Send me a PM, I may be able to help you out with OEM black nerf bars. I'm in NC too.

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
@Offthehook I tried replying to your message but you have your privacy settings to not all people to send you messages.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post the link for us please ?

Father Of Four

there is a whole tread about it here that I started:
http://www.ramforum.com/f38/fyi_black_oem_mopar_running_boards_5_tubular-101671/

The link would depend on model, but here is one for the 2013+
https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-side-steps-tubular-82213270ac

And they are 358 and some change. The free shipping code is in the original thread I linked.

Also another FYI, there were wheel to wheel ones on ebay going for around 200 with free shipping. Black ones. Can't find the link anymore.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I think the OEM are awesome. While I understand you do not want to spend the $, you get what you pay for