DIY bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need to get some kind of protection in my bed. I don't want to do a plastic liner and don't have the $550.00 for a nice spray in like lineX. So does anyone have experience and/or opinions on diy roll in and brands?

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Where u located spray in has gone down linex quoted me 400.00

OP
OP
CC12RamLove

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
San Diego. 400.00 not bad but hurculiner is only 70.00 plus a few extracts for proper prep and it's around 100.00

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah just from what I heard on the street u have to really sand the bed down good and use 4to5 coats with herculiner.

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not too far away im in west TX . thats just my two cents.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Herculiner would be one of your best bets, there are tons of others out there but I have no experience with them. It is A LOT of work if you want it to be good. And if you use herculiner, get there uv protectant coat, its like an extra $20. But IMHO if you have the money to get a new truck, you should save up the little extra to get a much higher quality job

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your better off with the spray in by linex or rhinoliner man, its not worth the time and effort, not to mention its not as strong

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Raptor liner kits are like $120 and come with the spray gun. It sprays even and looks a hell of a pot better than a roll on.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
IMO the roll on sucks. i saw someone try it and it looked messed up. just save the 500 and get it done the right way the first time. you will not regret it.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Entirely agreed with the "save your money and do it right".

DIY bed liners are fine for rocker panels and bumpers, but they're a joke for actual bed lining. The epoxy style are nice, if you're patient enough to get all the prep work done correctly and masked nicely.

I'd have a hell of a hard time putting a $70 'solution' into a $30k+ truck, I feel you should too.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I've ran herculiner and Monsta Liner, and Monsta was way better. My herc chipped and was very thin, I'll give you a couple shots of the Monsta. Herculiner is like paint with rubber chips, Monsta is a bed coating with a catalyst. Herc will eat your knees for lunch and then when you put something scratchy in there the rubber will scratch off. You shovel stuff out of your bed, I promise you don't want herc. I also know a bunch of guys who run Al's bedliner, it is similar to Monsta Liner and again those guys love it. Al's is catalyzed as well.

Having said all that, LineX is way worth the extra money. I ran it in 3 trucks, great stuff. I use the roll on for the tub, but something like a truck bed you can't afford not to use LineX. You couldn't get linex to scratch off if you tried, I shovel dirt out of my truck around once a month, and never even had a chip.

This link shows Monsta versus most other roll-ons like herc. I ran herc in a van tub and scratched it off in two places in a couple weeks, I didn't have any issues at all with the Monsta. If you join the Jeep forum they give you a sick discount and free chassis saver. I think I pad 125 bucks and got some chassis saver as well. One gallon with activator is 128, the entire kit price is 148, and a two gallon kit is 258, looks like it is a little cheaper on ebay, 145 but you can't get the extra rollers. The DIY with the Performance Catalyst's work better and are stronger. If you do get it, I recommend the kit and not just the gallon. The texture brushes is what gives it texture, not rubber chunks. I would even order an extra mini roller kit for 4 bucks for any tight spaces or touch up, and one extra reg roller for 3 bucks. I remember I used up 2 rollers and wished I had a third for a second coat. 2 coats give more texture and thicker coat, I think you can get 2 coats on if you have a 6 foot bed with one gallon. Because you cant do bed rolls, I'm sure you can get one good coat and at least a second coat on the floor that will see most use. In fact I would use an old gallon can and mix 1/2 at a time, that way you can have a thicker protection. If you mix it all at once it will harden in the can, that is why if you want 2 coats to split it up. If you choose Monsta PM me with any questions.

Just looked it up the current promo is free shipping and free chassis saver, codes are here. So you don't have to koin the jeep forum, lol. But you might want to google it and check out the thread of monsta liner jeep forum, it has 1 millions views and a ton of guys ran the stuff in their jeeps, colors as well.

FREE Chassis Saver Code: FREECSQ13

FREE Shipping Code: FREESHIP13

Herculiner.jpg

Monstaliner.jpg

line-x

line-x.jpg

Monsta 1

m2

m3

Free chasis saver is great as well, paint right over rust. Before and after pics

before

after

Last edited:

jeringate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spray or nothing! Don't roll it on, it'll look terrible!

If Line x isn't in order money wise either wait it out or get a spray kit and put 4-6 coats (not rattle cans)

You're talking about 25K+ truck here, spend the time and money and do it right. wait if you can't do it at the moment.

I waited 10 months since I bought my truck to get it Line x'd just wasn't in the cards at the begining. I absolutely love the quality of this liner though! Its tough as nails! I asked the guy when he delivered the truck back to me after the liner, what I had to do to take care of it or protect it, he looked at me and said "Jeremy.. Just use it"

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Hey folks, I have an 04 Ram that the previous owner used a roll on product in the bed liner. It's failing all over the place with chips and flakes in tons of places. It's really thin and comes off with light scraping or when shoveling stuff out of the bed.

Question is, will linex prep take care of this prior to application or will I have to? I'm thinking they would high pressure was the bed then apply their product. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure they can take it off, but probably charge extra. I'd check with them and get a price. It may need to be ground off.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey folks, I have an 04 Ram that the previous owner used a roll on product in the bed liner. It's failing all over the place with chips and flakes in tons of places. It's really thin and comes off with light scraping or when shoveling stuff out of the bed.

Question is, will linex prep take care of this prior to application or will I have to? I'm thinking they would high pressure was the bed then apply their product. Correct?

Your best bet would be to get a 4.5" angle grinder with a wire cup and remove that **** yourself. I'm sure the LineX (or whatever brand) place would do it for ya, but they charge a premium for their efforts. Just wear a respirator, or at least a cheap mask. You'll turn a lot of that crap into dust and you don't really wanna inhale all that.