door pillar vinyl decals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone have any pictures you can post of a blue ram with those door pillar vinyl decal thingies removed? id like to see what it looks like with them removed before I rip mine off. thanks

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I will be following. Good question ! Are your starting to bubble ?

Thanks

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't have any after pics of my old Maximum Steel Ram but here are before/after of my new Silver Ram. I don't think you'll have any regrets if you remove them.

1549.jpg

0331171139.jpg

Last edited:

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found this pic online of one in the process of having them removed. Looks better without it IMO.

Attachments

• Truck Pillar Block Removal 001.jpg
    Truck Pillar Block Removal 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be following. Good question ! Are your starting to bubble ?

Thanks

Yes they are bubbling and cracking. I never saw a blue one with them removed. Other colors look good though

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't have any after pics of my old Maximum Steel Ram but here are before/after of my new Silver Ram. I don't think you'll have any regrets if you remove them.

Yeah looks better with them removed I just never saw a blue one. Also what vent vises are you using?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have a Silver RAM so you rpics are perfect lol.. How did you remove the wrap ???

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're actually not hard to remove. I just took them off after i posted this thread. I used a heat gun but they came off fine.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do they come from the factory with them on?? I noticed a few bubbles on the bottoms of mine when I bought my truck but wasn't too concerned about it at the time. It honestly looks like someone just did a bad job putting them on. I thought maybe the dealer put them on to cover up scratches or something so I was always skeptical about pulling them off. I was planning on getting new ones installed at some point but if I can just pull them off and go without I might do that instead. I just worry ill find some "mishaps" underneath them or something.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do they come from the factory with them on?? I noticed a few bubbles on the bottoms of mine when I bought my truck but wasn't too concerned about it at the time. It honestly looks like someone just did a bad job putting them on. I thought maybe the dealer put them on to cover up scratches or something so I was always skeptical about pulling them off. I was planning on getting new ones installed at some point but if I can just pull them off and go without I might do that instead. I just worry ill find some "mishaps" underneath them or something.

Yes, they come from the factory with it on there. I had the dealer remove it but it shouldn't be difficult to do yourself. I doubt you'll find any problems underneath them.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
They're actually not hard to remove. I just took them off after i posted this thread. I used a heat gun but they came off fine.

I have Heat gun's ,Thanks for the idea and thread !:favorites13:

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for this thread. Mine aren’t bad yet but I definitely want to remove them when I debadge this spring.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So mine look like this....I can just peel these off?

View attachment 122864
I have not done mine yet as temps are 18/30 :O But from what I have read it will not be too hard to remove ! So far I have a few little bubbles! Also I believe some have used Goof Off or WD 40 to remove and glue residue left over ,Sorry I'm not much help

Tonya Andersen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
2016 Ram ... Mine did the bubbling too and so I had them just recently fix all panels... less that a month ago and one of the panels is already bubbled up (again at the bottom). It's almost like they aren't heating it up enough and massaging it out well enough. None of them have ever cracked but just crinkled. I'm so frustrated and am wondering if it will look nice just to remove it. And if so, should I wait until it looks super bad just to protect the area from any flying debris? All wrinkling is happening at the bottom of the panels.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I think when they weinkle or crack they look horrible

But I also think the pillars look better blacked out especially with tinted windows it has a great look.

Mine aren’t even close to as bad as some people’s but if they do get bad I’d probably have them re-covered by a vinyl guy in a gloss black and I assume it wouldn’t cost that much for a quality job on them. I just think they look bad body colored on our trucks.