Doors leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

campigloo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi all. I hope someone can help. I have a 2012 4 dr Laramie. The rear doors have started leaking when it rains. It seems to be getting worse. I only started noticing it over the last couple of months. I started to notice a slight leak at highway speeds in heavy rain and didn't pay too much attention to it. Recently, during a heavy rain it's almost a flood just sitting in the driveway. Any easy fixes or am I looking at going to the body shop? Any help would be much appreciated!j

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do the weather gaskets around the outer edge of the door look?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are you sure its the doors and not the third brake light?

OP
OP
C

campigloo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks ya'll. the gaskets look fine. It's definitely the door seals. One could almost drown just sitting on the seat. It's even wet on the arm rest.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the headliner get wet? There is also a body seam on the roof over the door line.

OP
OP
C

campigloo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I haven't noticed anything on the headliner but I am pretty sure it's a door leak.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its gotta have something to do with the weather stripping then. That's all that keeps it out as far as I know.

RogueStatus

Reaction score
2012 under warranty- have a dealer look at it
Something's just not right

Or sit inside the cab and have someone hose it from the outside
Will tell you where it's coming in from

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’ t think it’s your problem, but I’m just going to through it out there just in case.

I have water that will sit on the door sill after raining, etc. and when I open the door (driver’s) about 2 ounces of water dumps out. I complained to a local dealer (not the one I bought from) and they just basically dismissed me. I told them I was concerned more about when it gets cold and freezes…..but that fell on deaf ears. Well, that’s exactly what happened two weeks ago. It rained then it got well below freezing. The next morning I go to open the door on my way to work and it was frozen shut. I had to really pull hard to get it open. It felt like I was going to break the door handle off. I thought that this was ********, so I took it an hour away to the dealer I bought it from. They took the door apart and really looked into it…even had a Star case opened. Chrysler told the dealer to replace the plastic divider that the window motor and everything else attaches to. Guess what?....it’s on back-order. Lol….I guess I’m not the only one with this issue.

I’m gonna create a new topic with the above post with pictures. I think it would be good to give others a heads up now that I think about it.

Echo42987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hi all. I hope someone can help. I have a 2012 4 dr Laramie. The rear doors have started leaking when it rains. It seems to be getting worse. I only started noticing it over the last couple of months. I started to notice a slight leak at highway speeds in heavy rain and didn't pay too much attention to it. Recently, during a heavy rain it's almost a flood just sitting in the driveway. Any easy fixes or am I looking at going to the body shop? Any help would be much appreciated!j

Considering that it is a 2014 can't you just bring it back to your dealer for the warranty coverage? This is something that they would have to look into for you.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe there is a design fault here. If you open the doors of the vehicle you will see at the bottom there is a black horizontal rubber gasket. The gasket has two rubber lips, one that also pushes against and sits flush with the door panels drain holes thus reducing the drain capacity and holding water.