DT Moto halo projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should buy them and try them. If you simply don't like them you can return them it's worth a try

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Black 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 DRL LED Projector Halo Headlights Lamps | eBay

I really like the look of the base headlights on the ram trucks. But I want some decent light output as well. Has anyone ever used these headlights on their ram? Or maybe run a similar light setup? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Or you could get a company like RetroShop (a vendor on these forums) to retrofit a real projector (morimoto mini h1) into your stock dual lense and the light output eould be 100x better then those ebay projectors.

The problem with most of the ebay projectors is that they use the cheapest projector lense they can buy. What happens is your light output eill actually be worse then your stock lense. Also those lights have a halogen bulb and come with a sticker on them that says "no hid allowed".

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Or you could get a company like RetroShop (a vendor on these forums) to retrofit a real projector (morimoto mini h1) into your stock dual lense and the light output eould be 100x better then those ebay projectors.

The problem with most of the ebay projectors is that they use the cheapest projector lense they can buy. What happens is your light output eill actually be worse then your stock lense. Also those lights have a halogen bulb and come with a sticker on them that says "no hid allowed".

This. All those aftermarket designs are all about looks. Performance is always reduced, not improved.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This. All those aftermarket designs are all about looks. Performance is always reduced, not improved.
They remind me of a pair that looked awesome, but I was so disappointed with the proformance when I put them on my avalanche. I'll keep the stock lights on my ram as they work great. Unless someone knows of a halogen bulb that is brighter or whiter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
OP
OP
HornDog

HornDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys. I just liked the way these lights looked. I have thought about getting someone like retro shop to workup my headlights. But I'll still have to buy headlights to run while they outfit mine. I'd love to paint the inside of my lights and put in projectors. But that's time to. Maybe I'll look for some of those base headlights on eBay to buy cheap and then send em out to get retro fitted.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the input guys. I just liked the way these lights looked. I have thought about getting someone like retro shop to workup my headlights. But I'll still have to buy headlights to run while they outfit mine. I'd love to paint the inside of my lights and put in projectors. But that's time to. Maybe I'll look for some of those base headlights on eBay to buy cheap and then send em out to get retro fitted.
Thats what im doing right now. Except im doing the retrofit myself along with a few custom things.

I missed an auction yesterday where a almost brand new pair of chrome quads sold for $86.... I was so mad.

Today a very similar auction was at $83 with 20 mins left. Ended at $163.

Im pretty sure im buying a used set off a fellow forum member on wednesday for $115 shipped. Its already been all setup, just waiting to hear back from him about still sending the payment wednesday morning like we agreed to a few days ago.

Hopefully my quads will be here soon. I should have my black tyc projectors put onto my truck in a day or two. They have been sitting in my room and its just been too cold and snowy here outside Philadelphia. These quads are sorta like a side project for fun. I want to see if i can successfully retrofit them and also like i said i have a few custom ideas i want to try that have never been done before on a set of quads [emoji48]

OP
OP
HornDog

HornDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what im doing right now. Except im doing the retrofit myself along with a few custom things.

I missed an auction yesterday where a almost brand new pair of chrome quads sold for $86.... I was so mad.

Today a very similar auction was at $83 with 20 mins left. Ended at $163.

Im pretty sure im buying a used set off a fellow forum member on wednesday for $115 shipped. Its already been all setup, just waiting to hear back from him about still sending the payment wednesday morning like we agreed to a few days ago.

Hopefully my quads will be here soon. I should have my black tyc projectors put onto my truck in a day or two. They have been sitting in my room and its just been too cold and snowy here outside Philadelphia. These quads are sorta like a side project for fun. I want to see if i can successfully retrofit them and also like i said i have a few custom ideas i want to try that have never been done before on a set of quads [emoji48]

Sounds like you have a nice little project on your hands. I wish you luck with the quads you are buying. I have thought about retro fitting a set of quads myself. I have looked at a few posts on here of guys who have done it themselves and its pretty cheap. I honestly am Just afraid of baking the headlights and screwing something up when taking them apart or putting them back together. But many guys do it with no issue so I guess I can try it especially if they are just a spare set of headlights.
Please let me know when you get your headlights in I would love to see what you do. Especially if you make a build thread. Good luck on your project sir!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sounds like you have a nice little project on your hands. I wish you luck with the quads you are buying. I have thought about retro fitting a set of quads myself. I have looked at a few posts on here of guys who have done it themselves and its pretty cheap. I honestly am Just afraid of baking the headlights and screwing something up when taking them apart or putting them back together. But many guys do it with no issue so I guess I can try it especially if they are just a spare set of headlights.
Please let me know when you get your headlights in I would love to see what you do. Especially if you make a build thread. Good luck on your project sir!
Oh i will definitely be making a build thread lol... And i figure if i buy a set of quads and i mess them up, ill still have the projectors and everything else so i can just get another set of quads and have someone who knows what their doing do them. But i want to at least try to do it myself. I mean ive rebuilt turbos and swapped motors by myself, and there are a ton of YouTube videos on how to bake and open lights and reseal them so i should be ok. Im mainly concerned about screwing something up once i have them open and im trying to mount stuff.

Ill be sure to let you know how it goes.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have an extra set to run while your doing a retro project then it can be fun to do. Taking your time will make it more enjoyable vs rushing it because your truck is inoperable. I have another set sitting in my garage that I should probably start workin on...I too am trying to come up with something different for them before I start.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you have an extra set to run while your doing a retro project then it can be fun to do. Taking your time will make it more enjoyable vs rushing it because your truck is inoperable. I have another set sitting in my garage that I should probably start workin on...I too am trying to come up with something different for them before I start.
Yea thats my plan. I have 2 extra sets. Right now i have the stock duals on my truck but im putting on my tyc reps today or tomorrow. Once i get the quads ill have them to work on and still be able to use my truck.