Dual 6" light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was thinking about putting two of the dual row 6" lights like a foot off of each side in the lower removable plastic valence instead of a big light bar like everyone else. Or one 12" right under my liscence plate. I think it's more practical than having a giant ass 42" bar chilling on the front of the bumper. I would only use it for when it's either do pouring out at night or a blizzard, would use amber lenses like my fog setup would be pretty good.

http://www.sidetrackedoffroad.com/tracker-series-dual-row-led-light-bars.html

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm running dual 6" ambers for those conditions. They are great.

OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What r u waiting for?

Post pics when ur done.

I haven't looked how I'm going to mount them yet. At this point I guess I'll do the dual 6 if there is a logical way to mount them if not I'll do the 12 in the middle under the plate.

OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just took a peek behind the bumper and I have a pretty solid idea for mounting the 2 6" ones . I did a 1.5" Bodylift to the truck and now the lower bolt holes on for the front bumper mount are free'd up and I can buy a piece of punched steel bar or unistrut and coat it with rustbullet and black top coat and will mount that between the two mounts. I can then get a few lock washers fender washers and nuts and bolts and bolt that into those 4 free holes and line up the lights and mount them directly to the bar and cut the plastic insert out with a dremel for the lights and it should be solid as a rock. I am not sure if I am explaining it right but once I do it and post pics you will understand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered the 6" dual lights last night with amber lenses and dual light harness. I got a 3' piece of uni-strut from an electrician on the jobsite I was on yesterday, I sprayed it with vht epoxy paint after degreasing it and scrubbing it with steel wool and going to topcoat it with rust bullet black coat. I'll post pics once I get the lights etc.

OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What r u waiting for?

Post pics when ur done.

You have no idea how many small things had to be done lol. I used a piece of unistrut as the main support for the lights, I had a 3' piece so it would span from bumper mount to bumper mount and I could bolt it directly in, I had to get 2 steel plates and cut them slightly since I did a body lift the lower part of the bumper mount was at 2 different depths and the unitstrut would not sit flush it ended up being in an angle so that is where the steel plates come in, I had to put the bolt through them and slide them behind the unistrut so it was flush with the other surface it would be mounting it to making it all one level surface. Then I finally was able to mount the unitstrut then I had to measure what holes I was going to use to space it apart evenly. After that I had to measure where I was going to cut the plastic insert for the lower bumper portion, I used a dremmel and I cut out the measurements I took and sanded them down and filed them smooth so it looks good. FINALLY I mounted the lights and loosened the mounting brackets from the unistrut slightly as to move them around for final install and ****.

Materials were as followed

3/8-24 Grade 8 bolts 3" long-2
3/8 Grade 8 lock washers-2
3/8-24 grade 8 nuts-2
3/8 fender washers-2

and other **** came with lights other than smaller lock washers I used on mounting arms for light and smaller washers for it.

TLDR: It was a ******* ***** to mount them how I wanted but I did it and they look kickass!!!:roflsquared:

I didn't take any pics as I was doing it because I was more focused on finishing it.

FINISHED PRODUCT

6itvhC2.jpg

2VWaZGZ.jpg

xYPQZ2e.jpg

Last edited:

BlackRAM42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks awesome! Haven't seen another setup like that.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
do you like running the fog pods?? Been going back and forth on getting some.

OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you like running the fog pods?? Been going back and forth on getting some.

Yea I love them, I made my own harness connectors for each side so I could retain factory connectors. You need 4 female 9006 whips and two 9006 splitters and you solder the female 9006 onto the whips coming off the light then plug those directly into the splitter then plug the splitter directly into the factory fog harness. I like doing it that way because you retain the stock foglight button functionality. I get all my lights from sidetrackedoffroad.com they now also sell the bracket for ram 1500's for the led cube swap!

EDIT: here are links for parts I used to make my harness
Wtf this link is long *****

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/like/32...%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D910640072484

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141256376990?...88&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

Last edited:

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yea I love them, I made my own harness connectors for each side so I could retain factory connectors.

That is what I was planning as well, get the connectors and hook up to the stock fog switch. Thinking one beam and one spot on each side.

OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I did one flood (90*) and one spot (8*) per side with the fog on the lower mount and mounted them at an ever so slight downward angle so I'm not blinding the **** out of people. I always go amber on anything that's not headlights, it makes such a massive difference in really ****** weather like a servere rain storm or blizzard.