Dual (not quad) head light thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paton.h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey guys,

So the military is moving me from Alaska to Georgia..and I'm going to drive it but :favorites13: the stock headlights on my 2010 Ram 1500 dual headlights are dim. I was wanting something that I could remove the stock bulb and maybe replace it with an LED or something (I would rather not wire anything I would just like a plug and play type of thing lol). I've briefly looked on amazon but I don't know what size to go with ect..just wanted to get the question out there and see if anyone had some recommendations/personal experiences with it.

Also I'm leaving soon so have to make a decision sooner than later lol

Thanks very much

getupkid

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I've got a pair of quads for sale if you want to upgrade.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hit up retroshop and get some HIDs. They're crazy bright! I had some in my duals on my 2011.

You could also get an LED light bar. My 50" curved doesn't reach or as far as my HIDs but it's stupid bright!

With the hid and light bar combo I literally turn night into day lol

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
paton.h

paton.h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hit up retroshop and get some HIDs. They're crazy bright! I had some in my duals on my 2011.

You could also get an LED light bar. My 50" curved doesn't reach or as far as my HIDs but it's stupid bright!

With the hid and light bar combo I literally turn night into day lol

I would but I wanted something pretty cheap and easy to do. I actually have a 52inch light bar in just waiting on the roof mounts. I'm sure oncoming traffic wouldn't appreciate all that light :naughty:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I would but I wanted something pretty cheap and easy to do. I actually have a 52inch light bar in just waiting on the roof mounts. I'm sure oncoming traffic wouldn't appreciate all that light :naughty:
Well if you've got the 52" bar for the roof than LEDs would be fine for the headlights. They aren't as bright as HIDs, but if you're going to have the light bar on than you're good to go!

OP
OP
paton.h

paton.h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well if you've got the 52" bar for the roof than LEDs would be fine for the headlights. They aren't as bright as HIDs, but if you're going to have the light bar on than you're good to go!

Thanks, I'll probably wait till Georgia for LEDs. Your truck looks good, wish I had the money for it lol

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I like PIAA headlight bulbs. Run one in my bike. Used to run them in my Freightliner.
Not sure if you can get them for your truck but it's just a bulb swap.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I've Nvr tried these type of lights but for around the same price they have hid kits available on ebay/Amazon as well.....way more light output. Im runnin a 50w ebay set in my fogs and they work great...

That being said....I'm running a higher dollar set of HID's in my headlights from retro shop....if you have the funds, go with retroshop.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio