Dyna Beads in my tires......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an '11, with 40K miles. The tires are BFG AT T/A ko's 275/70/18 on XD Crank wheels. These tires just don't ride as nice on the highway as the stock (car) tires they replaced. Nor did I xpect them to. When the BFG's first went on, I was never really satisfied with how they were not perfectly balanced. I rotate tires every 5000 miles, and sometimes, certain combinations weren't too bad, sometimes it was annoying on long trips.

I had them rebalanced. The tire shop said it's hard to get big tires perfect. True or not? I don't know. Second time around, they were much better, but still not perfect.

I had put Dyna Beads in a motorcycle, earlier this year. They worked wonders in that bike. So I put an ounce in each truck tire. Safty Nazis get ready: I got on I64 yesterday and ran it up to 95 mph. Smooth as silk.

I appreciate a nice ride, and all terrain tires. This is a cheap mod. $36 from Amazon.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Safty Nazis get ready: I got on I64 yesterday and ran it up to 95 mph. Smooth as silk.

any idea of how they would preform at higher speed ,I know if it were me I would "just do it"

brianj

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Lt285/70R17 Toyo ATIIs have a bit of a shake on the highway too. I've thought about Dyna Beads in the past, but never tried them. Can you hear them inside the wheel?

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know of someone who used beads to balance DuraTrac tires on his truck. It worked great for quite a while, they ended up destroying the inside of the tire before the tread wore out. I’d be cautious.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id be worried about the inside of the tire as well the TPMS in there. I know my tires are balanced great, but 72-75 mph it gets a bit wobbly then smooths out over it.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know of someone who used beads to balance DuraTrac tires on his truck. It worked great for quite a while, they ended up destroying the inside of the tire before the tread wore out. I’d be cautious.

Id be worried about the inside of the tire as well the TPMS in there. I know my tires are balanced great, but 72-75 mph it gets a bit wobbly then smooths out over it.

I've heard of both of those concerns before, which is why I never went with them.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here.. not near as cheap as the beads... but people do swear by them and I know at least one member who uses them.

Tire Balancers, Tire Balancing, Wheel Balancer and Wheel Balancing from Centramatic

I had these on my previous Jeep with 4” lift and 35” Goodyear MTRs on steel wheels. Never had to balance my tires again.

I used to have to get them balanced after every wheeling trip (1-2 times per month). I actually still have them somewhere, I pulled them before I sold that Jeep.

The only problem is, you can see them through the wheel, but they did keep 100% of the brake dust off the wheels.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard of both of those concerns before, which is why I never went with them.
Granted the only bad cases I've seen are on giant semi tires. I do wish there were a larger sample data for them as I would love them to smooth my truck out that Last little bit. I might try them as my tires are half worn and see what 20k worth of miles look like at the end.

Will they go into out stems or is ours a pain because of the sensor?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Granted the only bad cases I've seen are on giant semi tires. I do wish there were a larger sample data for them as I would love them to smooth my truck out that Last little bit. I might try them as my tires are half worn and see what 20k worth of miles look like at the end.

Will they go into out stems or is ours a pain because of the sensor?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Proper way to install beads is by breaking the bead of the tire loose and putting the measured amount in that way.

OP
OP
RLJ10X

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive never heard of Dyna Beads destroying the inside of a tire, don't see how, but I guess anything is possible. What exactly happened? Pics?

My TPSs work fine.

My tires have 17K miles on them. Just put them in.

I have Dura Tracs on the Wrangler. They seem to stay balanced better than the BFGs.

Either your tires wear out prematurely from being out of balance or.....

Last edited: