"E" Load tires overkill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpt. Flapjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the tire is just a P-metric tire, like a P315 or such, it should be a softer side wall. You can go by the load index number also. the lower the number, the softer the side wall. Just make sure the capacity is high enough for the truck! Check out this chart:

Tire Load Index Chart | Tires Plus

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you tow heavy, or load up heavy, the E rating is the way to go.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did the swap from stock to 34" (65 aspect ratio) E rated tires with stock suspension. It is true the E's are heavier, but they look WAY better and I went with a more aggressive tread pattern at the same time for bonus effect. Mileage is a little less and acceleration is slightly slower but WHO CARES? It looks great! Btw ride quality didn't suffer at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kro75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did the swap from stock to 34" (65 aspect ratio) E rated tires with stock suspension. It is true the E's are heavier, but they look WAY better and I went with a more aggressive tread pattern at the same time for bonus effect. Mileage is a little less and acceleration is slightly slower but WHO CARES? It looks great! Btw ride quality didn't suffer at all.

Jeff, sounds like exactly what I would like to do. Was going with 245/65-20. My main concern was the ride quality. I really love the look of the bigger tire but I don't want to sacrifice too much of the ride quality. Do you really notice the acceleration being slower?