Ebay aftermarket Retrofitted projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
^^^
what he said, as long as your truck didn't come with the oem projectors they would be plug and play

shthpns22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
these are pretty much Dual headlights with a Bi-Halogen retrofit, the projector in these is very similar to the MH1 many of us have used in our own retrofits but this one is modified to use a halogen bulb, before anyone ask, no i didnt test these with an HID in them, so anyways my overall opinion is that they are probably the best ebay projector headlights you can get, now thats not saying a whole lot because ebay projectors never really stack up to anything, especially without HIDs, but these have more output than the quad headlights i was running so they are actually an improvement on stock lighting even in halogen form. personally i wish they had made them like this in the quad lights but it is what it is, for the overall cost these were well worth the money, and with the ones i got they make a good blacked out look...

i plan on taking em apart and tweaking them to be even better but i want people to see what they get out of the box with these so you know what to expect if you buy some, they come in black like i bought and they come in chrome which looks like a factory upgraded dual headlight.

anyways pictures will follow this post... Enjoy...

I have the same headlights on my truck. They definitely put out more light than stock even with just halogen bulbs. The only issue I've had so far with them was condensation but some black silicone around the edges of the lens seemed to take care of that. I just recently put an innovited HID kit I got from amazon on them. The light output is great, I will try to get some night pics up tonight. I originally bought them to put in while I was going to retrofit my stock quads(hence the cheap amazon hid kit) but they actually work pretty good and look closer to a stock projector than some of the other eBay projector headlights.

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I have the same headlights on my truck. They definitely put out more light than stock even with just halogen bulbs. The only issue I've had so far with them was condensation but some black silicone around the edges of the lens seemed to take care of that. I just recently put an innovited HID kit I got from amazon on them. The light output is great, I will try to get some night pics up tonight. I originally bought them to put in while I was going to retrofit my stock quads(hence the cheap amazon hid kit) but they actually work pretty good and look closer to a stock projector than some of the other eBay projector headlights.

ill wait and see how they do with condensation, with eBay lights one set will do it and the other wont ya know, these def. have an OEM feel to them, i would like to see how they look with HIDs in them, when i put my black OEM projectors on ill probably take these apart and play with them some more but in the mean time they arent bad

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember, the best LED's for the headlights are HID's..... just sayin'! LOL

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
very nice

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I wish they sold these in a quad style. I think my Quads with LEDs in them are almost the same appearence...

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might sound like a dumb question as I know the difference between quad and dual, but what are the differences with the lights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Might sound like a dumb question as I know the difference between quad and dual, but what are the differences with the lights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
The quads have seperate bulbs for high and low where as the duals use a single dual filament bulb

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
figured id give an update on these, so far through rain and everything else they have been working good, they are close to the same output as OEM projectors so in that sense they are a decent lighting option for anyone not wanting to do nothing more than plug and play on a budget...

now i will list the few negatives...

first negative is the adjustment, on my passenger side headlight the adjustment came a little stripped out and is a little bit of a pain to adjust, have to hold the screwdriver just right and put a little bit of pressure to make it adjust, the driver side works perfectly, could be a random thing but thats how mine came...

my other issue, which hasnt really been an issue, people mention fogging, well mine do have a small fogging issue, now before anyone assumes that water is building up in them, when i say fogging i mean that its like the OEM projectors fogging issue, sometimes there is a very slight fog that comes around the perimeter of the light, but it only happens when the headlights are ran for an extended period of time and the fogging goes away in about 30 mins after they are off, i saw more fogging on my oem projectors honestly, so to me its not a leak, it is only a temperature change thing, i havent tried to look for a vent or even take them off to inspect them, like i said its only on cool mornings do i even notice anything and after around 30 mins all fog is gone, no leaks, no moisture no real complaints so far, i will be taking these apart to remove the amber and i can get a better look at things, but overall i still say these are a good buy for these trucks

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for sharing these. These look like some good lights for the money and have a nice cutoff as well.

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Thanks for sharing these. These look like some good lights for the money and have a nice cutoff as well.

for the price you cant beat the quality, even though they arent my favorite light for the ram, ive been flagged down 5 times in two weeks by other ram owners wanting to talk about the lights...

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that changes everything lol, im a 3rd gen guy!!!

You can get these for the same price!

Yes i buy ALOT of headlights!

1fab8403c064458207270b9c2bd86115.jpg

77e03570aa02c693cc75dfb804d9eae5.jpg

Same problem with LEDs in projectors but still lol

I want those ! They look clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well then get some, watch out they disappear at times and get hard to find

I'm stuck between the anzo ccfl's and these projectors.....either way my wife is going to kill me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

repo4sale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7diesel
Light bars!! 50" $50, 42"$45, 22"$20 all 3 new, all wired & mounted front. 2 switches, 50=1 & 42+22=2nd switches. Wire kits $10 each, all Amazon prime! 780 watts of LEDs

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk