Ebay Brand Black Quads... has anyone used them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My buddy is looking for a set of Black Housing Quads and the oem ones cost around $250 shipped. He is looking for the cheapest route possible. There isn't many used ones on eBay and the few that are on there cost more than OEM lol.

However, I found a bunch of replica ones on ebay for about $140 shipped.

2009-2016 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Euro Quad Headlight Head Lamps Black | eBay

Has anyone bought these and if so, how is the fitment and quality? Do they line up well with the mounts and the fenders/grille?

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You should know mate, The amount of posts you have made on lights you should be the worlds leading expert in this subject lol

I have no experience and have never seen these replicas in person. I've never even heard anyone on these forums mention them.

I'm just asking because my friend wants to buy these asap and if they are really bad or something I want to be able to tell him and prevent him from wasting money.

I tried to tell him to just buy the oem but he won't listen lol...

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just messing [emoji1303]

Tell him not to cheap out on lights, last thing you want is for them to suddenly stop working miles from home at night

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was just messing [emoji1303]

Tell him not to cheap out on lights, last thing you want is for them to suddenly stop working miles from home at night

These are just the plastic housings... nothing to stop working. He plans to put the same opt-7 bulbs I had in my old quads into the quads he buys.

NickPic83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have no experience with those but I have seen many similar lights for other vehicles and they usually have poor light output, aren't sealed well, and the lens starts to yellow and show scratches fairly quick. Not saying the ones u linked are crap but the ones I have experience with are crap. There is a reason why they are inexpensive

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The only replicas I know of that are good are TYC. that's what RetroShop uses if you don't provide Your Own to customize.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are just the plastic housings... nothing to stop working. He plans to put the same opt-7 bulbs I had in my old quads into the quads he buys.

Ahh then tell him to get them, **** it what's the worst that can happen

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have some blacked out eBay dual's and they look and work just like my oem's.

Just my opinion.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The only replicas I know of that are good are TYC. that's what RetroShop uses if you don't provide Your Own to customize.

That's not true. I ordered a set of custom quads from retroshop and mine were OEM Mopar quads.

None of the ebay auctions list tyc as the brand. They all put there own company name as the brand lol so I don't know if their TYC, Depo, or something else.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's not true. I ordered a set of custom quads from retroshop and mine were OEM Mopar quads.

None of the ebay auctions list tyc as the brand. They all put there own company name as the brand lol so I don't know if their TYC, Depo, or something else.

It is true, let me rephrase. RetroShop uses TYC when they use replicas. I believe all of their projector offerings are TYC.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The reason why you don't find TYC quads is the same reason you don't see their replica LED tails any more. Chrysler has some legal protection on the design and nobody else can legally make them. If a company is doing it, they're an off-shore fly-by-night that ignore intellectual property laws.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I don't know the legal reasons why but what 00R/T makes sense. Retroshop no longer makes quad replicas so only thing he offers in quads is oem.

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It is true, let me rephrase. RetroShop uses TYC when they use replicas. I believe all of their projector offerings are TYC.

I got retroshop projector murdered out with switchback. They are tyc.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why doesn't your friend just black out his current set up? Cheaper than getting new lights. Especially if he doesn't have 250 to spend on some quality OEMs. Just MO. Paint is super cheap [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk