Exhaust Comparisons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I know exhaust questions have been asked, but I'm here to post yet another muffler question. Im currently running an 18 in magnaflow on a 14 quad cab and it is too quite for my liking. Truck is stock and planning on making no upgrades to the sound other than the muffler and CAI. I am looking into the carven but cant decide which muffler too choose. Looking for one that is loud when you get on it but isn't obnoxiously loud when you don't want it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven TR vs R: Thoughts?

So I know exhaust questions have been asked, but I'm here to post yet another muffler question. Im currently running an 18 in magnaflow on a 14 quad cab and it is too quite for my liking. Truck is stock and planning on making no upgrades to the sound other than the muffler and CAI. I am looking into the carven but cant decide which size too choose. Looking for the one that is the loudest when you get on it but isn't obnoxiously loud when you don't want it. How is the drone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am a fan of the Progressive. On cold start, it is very aggressive. When you get on it, it is also aggressive without being raspy. otherwise it quiets down. I can't imaging being able to live with a daily driver that is any louder than what i have. There may be some drone at a specific RPM range, but trucks will vary by tuning, gearing, and trans. I have recently turned off my MDS and i'm about to go on a 7 hour road trip, so we'll see what the highway sounds like now. There are a couple of tunnels i can wait to mash the skinny pedal in :)

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the competitor and it is quite loud, drone doesnt bother me personally but every time I foot touches the pedal, I am more and more glad I bought it. My friend said we were on the highway going about 70 in moderate traffic and he heard the truck over 10 car lengths away loud and clear. Good luck on your choice.

nomercy346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the progressive and it's loud enough for my liking. Stepping on it makes some serious noise. Startup too. Cruising is quiet, almost like stock in the cab.
Drone is certainly there but not much. Other members with quad cabs reported no drone. Seems like it's more pronounced on crew cabs.

Going even louder would be too much of a compromise for a daily IMO. Rarely wish for more than the progressive.

The R-Series also gets raspy at full tilt which I don't like. From all the vids I have seen, if I was going for really loud all the time I'd probably look at a Flowmaster 10. They didn't seem raspy either.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running the type r with catless long tubes and I am going to have to change it because it is too loud. Might have one for sale if you are interested

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have the Progressive and am very happy with it, its loud but not straight pipe loud. I dont have any drone, its not raspy or nor does it pop or crackle just a low loud rumble with a side note of mean. lol

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven and Cherry Bomb Extreme Comparison

Hey Guys!!! I was wondering if anyone has heard the cherry bomb extreme on a ram. Im leaning towards installing a carven but don't know which size to go with. If anyone knows which series carven resemblance the sound ( loudness wise) of the cherry bomb extreme it would really be appreciated.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exhaust Tips: Carven vs Flowmaster

Looking to change out the tips on my ram. Going for some black ones but am debating on which ones to get. Looking at the direct fit 5 in tips from Carven vs the direct fit 4 in tips from Flowmaster. Which tips would look better on my truck and make it stand out? Any input is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven Exhaust

Which muffler size (r or tr) do you guys recommend for a daily driver? Currently have a 14 QC (stock) Looking for the loudest I can get but mainly concerned with the drone. Many members have mentioned that the drone isn't bad on QC. Is that true? Any advice is greatly appreciated

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When you say daily driver, what does that entail? I had the progressive on mine, and around town was fine, but if you do a lot of cruising with the rpms at 1500-1800, you might experience some drone. From there, it becomes a question of if you can live with that drone.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exhaust Tips: Carven vs Flowmaster

I personally think the 5" tips look too large. I think the stockers are 3.5" so the 4" gives a bit more without entering the riceresque ballpark.

Edit: So I'm a douche and just ordered some 5" tips. I'd thought the stockers were smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Depends on if you have a CC or QC, my QC has zero drone matter of fact at 60/65 mph I can just barely hear the exhaust.
I have the Progressive exhaust on mine.

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the "r" is ALMOST perfect. Honestly pretty tame when I want it to be, then also loud as hell when I want it to be. I also have a QC and at highway speeds my tires are louder than the exhaust. Now, why do I say ALMOST? My damn clamp keeps slipping off for some reason basically straight piping the truck at random. Luckily my neighbor is a welder and can weld it for me, but I would be pissed of I had to pay to weld a direct fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk