Extang Solid Fold 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Anybody have this hard tri fold and can give an honest review... I'm wondering if it's worth the price tag.

I want a hard fold w/o a vinyl top with ease of on/off ability. My friend has the Bakflip G2 and swears by it. Not sure if I want a rail system tho. I love the idea of full on when I want security and rain cover | fully off when I need to use the bed.

I have the 5'7" box w/o RamBox

I'm trying to wait for a sale or discount hopefully. $1000 is hard to stomach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
id skip the g2 all together and get the mx4 if your considering that route. having to open the tonneau everytime you want to close the tail gate is annoying. i didnt have the solid fold 2.0, i had the original. it's much easier and faster to take on and off then the bakflip, and much sturdier. the bakflip has a sleeker look though. the extang wasnt completely waterproof, not sure if that was remedied by the new model or not. i really didnt have any complaints about the extang, i just wanted a hard cover that gave easy access to a tool box when needed. thats not an option with the extang without removing the whole cover.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I had a Bakflip G2 on my F-150 and would not buy another. After 2 years all of the hinge seals had moved to one side and it leaked a lot worse than when it was new. they won't advertise any of them as being waterproof, but the ability to keep water out went downhill as time went on.

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Is it specifically the G2 or is Bakflip not that great?

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any bakflip that folds. Plenty of folks here love them, and its nice that they fold up against the cab and sit inside the bed (not on top), but most do leak quite a bit, especially after a winter or if you actually fold it once in awhile. I've driven though monsoons with the MOPAR hard cover without the cargo getting damp, but thats not made to be easy off/on. There are just 4 bolts to loosen up, but it is kinda heavy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
I'm assuming they will all leak, simplicity is what I'm after. Anyone have picks of a hard folding cover on you Rams? Not ones with flush bedrails... thx!

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
I have the Extang solid fold and love it. Easy to fold up, very solid piece. It does leak a little bit. Best part is I only paid $300 for it. Got it off craigslist when a guy put on a camper top.

IMAG2491_zpsabpwpl6a.jpg

IMAG2492_zpsgramy3f9.jpg

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Right on! Is it too much to ask for a profile picture... I'd like to see how high it rides. Thank you!

Great price find too! It's actually on sale right now for $650 until July 4th, so I might jump.

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Hahha, close. More like this

2c543b2a3d995c8802ca74100cae0d68.jpg

Thanks again!

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the SF2.0 and I don't mind it. I barely use my truck as a truck, so its rarely open, or off. However, that being said it comes off in 30 seconds. Completely. The only thing that bugs me, is how the bed and tailgate are shaped versus how the cover is shaped. Its square/rectangular and the truck body isn't. So it looks like it fits dumb. Unless your going with a full hard shell this is how they all look. You get used to it. I like how easy it comes off and on or opens and closes, but one thing I didn't realize was it won't flip up to the back window. If you want full bed use you need to remove it. The plus side of that, you don't drill or bolt rails on. Its a love hate. I paid $250 off a 6 month old truck so I can't complain. It works and is fairly weather tight.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a undercover flex - I have had it for 3 years last month. I have had it in every harsh environment you can think of. Haven't had any problems- works like a champ. Let me know if u want some pics.

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
I have a undercover flex - I have had it for 3 years last month. I have had it in every harsh environment you can think of. Haven't had any problems- works like a champ. Let me know if u want some pics.

I'd love to see. Thank you!

paladin5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Love mine. Look on amazon, find a scratch and dent for almost half off.

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Anybody have the Lomax Tri Fold? Looks pretty clean.

4367c2c8f850f81c27072b29a3be6166.jpg

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
Right on! Is it too much to ask for a profile picture... I'd like to see how high it rides. Thank you!

Great price find too! It's actually on sale right now for $650 until July 4th, so I might jump.

I've been looking at this same cover. Where are you finding it for $650? That's the best price I've seen by far.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
I actually don't mind that it would add 1" to the stake bed height. I think tell even out with my sport hood.

Thanks for the photos @smokedbystang

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
What did you end up going with deltaboy? I still trying to decide between the Bakflip MX4, Bakflip F1, the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 and the Extang Encore.