Extang Trifecta 2.0 tri-fold Reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Here is my opinion. If you want a tri fold get their "Solid Fold" as you can place stuff on top of it while you open the tailgate. (Not too much stuff but stuff.

If you want a soft cover then get a roll up one as it gives you more space in the bed when you need to have it open.

I have the Solid Fold 2.0. I had a bed cover that mounted inside the bed on the rails, I always hated this as it actually cut my usable bed area down by a couple inches. More than once I found myself cursing because of those lost inches between the rails.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the original. Got it last summer. No complaints so far and holding up well. No rails, just the clamps; makes for quick and easy installation or removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrjtlj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed one a couple of days ago. I like it so far, the install was easy and with all of the rain we had, not one drop has entered the bed yet.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the original also, and have been happy with it. Very quick and easy to totally remove. It does have two stiff ribs that go across which allow you to place stuff on top while your hands are full. It handles a heavy snow load very well too. My only real gripe is you have to open the tailgate before you can open the tonneau. That's perhaps a good thing too.

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the feedback guys! I ended up ordering the Trifecta 2.0 tri-fold yesterday. I feel that it will fit my needs well. I just couldn't see spending the extra $400 on a Bacflip or one of the other solid folds.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
The Extang Trifecta 2.0 currently has a $40 rebate.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the Extang Trifecta 2.0 with the canvas material instead of the vinyl. Plus I got the tailgate seal as well.

Didn't see the solid version of this cover but I would figure its a lot more expensive than the one I bought. The added security would have been nice but let's face it, not being able to use a sharp knife to breach the cover isn't going to stop someone from getting in there if they want in bad enough.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the original also, and have been happy with it. Very quick and easy to totally remove. It does have two stiff ribs that go across which allow you to place stuff on top while your hands are full. It handles a heavy snow load very well too. My only real gripe is you have to open the tailgate before you can open the tonneau. That's perhaps a good thing too.

To each is own but having to drop the tailgate to access the bed with this cover is an even better thing when you have a locking tailgate... I put an electric locking mechanism on the inside of my tailgate that works off the electric locks in the cab, no key required. When I lock or unlock the doors with the fob, so does the tailgate...

My 2008 Ram halfton didn't come with a key-lock or anything electric like them new ones do so I had to improvise...[emoji4]

Last edited:

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I have a tri-fold too. Love it. Vinyl version. Torrential rains this past week in Florida. No rain inside [emoji1360]

Last edited:

bdcramer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a tri-fold too. Love it. Vinyl version. Torrential rains this past week in Florida. I rain inside [emoji1360]

I have the canvas as well. Moved it from my 2010 Laramie CC to my 2014 Longhorn CC. Had the vinyl version on my 2004 Dakota QC. Always like the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the Extang 2.0 in and installed in no time! I'm really happy with the quality. My last cover was from TonnoPro and this seems to be far better fit and finish. The seals around the whole cover are really good. And with the mail in rebate I will only have a little over $300 in it. Glad I went this route. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my Trifecta 2.0 with the signature series canvas in yesterday and got it on. Took me a little longer probly than most because I was being a bit meticulous on getting it on straight...lol.

Pretty impressed with it overall but don't yet know if I like the fit back there on the back since my '08 has that big, wide factory plastic cap on the top of the tailgate. It's really hard getting the tailgate to latch because it seems like that cap makes the tailgate push up too much on the tonneau cover. I'm assuming this is normal?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update tho, I decided to call Extang about what to do about my factory tailgate cap and they are going to send me some taller adhesive pads to go on the back of the cover to raise it up a little so that the tailgate doesn't try to push the cover up so much when I close it....

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only complaint I have with mine is the fabric could be a bit tighter. When it rains I get puddles on mine. Great looking cover though.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only complaint I have with mine is the fabric could be a bit tighter. When it rains I get puddles on mine. Great looking cover though.

I noticed that on mine too. I don't think it's so much loose fabric but not enough support in the right spots maybe?

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed that on mine too. I don't think it's so much loose fabric but not enough support in the right spots maybe?

Possibly, nonetheless it's a damn good looking cover. I just took the kids on a bike ride this morning and wished the forward clamps were quick release like the rear. I'm gonna reach out to Extang and see if I can get some replacements.