Factory Projector issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have been noticing that when I hit a bump the passenger side light beam was shaking. So I got home tonight went over to the headlight and knocked on it. The projector itself was shaking in the light. Has anyone else had this issue. It looks loose in there.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can bake of the lense in the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 to 30 mins and use a Flathead screwdriver and gently wiggle it loose figure out whats loose use a two part epoxy and a popcicle stick to glue the broken part back the use butyl to reseal the lense put it back in the oven for 15 mins and use clamps till it dries I would leave it over night hope this helps

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I think the projector mounting screws are in the back. U might get access to some by just removing the headlight and the back cover and tightening it up. Mine never had the issue but trying to remember my FXR retrofit and the stock projector mounting. Believe it uses locator tabs and a few screws on the back side.

Baking the headlight is not as easy as it sounds and you have to be careful not to crack or break the lense/housing. Thats why people get paid the big bucks to do it and it takes multiple hearings to get it off successfully. If your going to open the headlights yourself you might as well do the FXR upgrade for less than $200.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Or he could take it back for warranty.... :gr_grin:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been noticing that when I hit a bump the passenger side light beam was shaking. So I got home tonight went over to the headlight and knocked on it. The projector itself was shaking in the light. Has anyone else had this issue. It looks loose in there.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I've actually notice this on my 2016 Rebel. I did exactly the same thing...knocked on the headlight and confirmed. I didn't really notice it until I put HID bulbs in there. I know the headlight is all tightened up...between my 14 Sport and 16 Rebel I've taken my headlights off, and back on, about 15 times. At 1st I was thinking that my HID bulb was loose until I can see the whole housing wiggling. I think it's actually a sloppy ball mount...the one in the fender.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've read where someone adjusted it too far and the adjusting rod came out and just needed to be threaded back in

not sure if this could be your issue or not

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
or its your fog light thats actually what rattling and that is the light you are seeing bouncing up and down on the road. The fog light rattle is almost exclusive to the non chrom bumpers fyi ( painted bumpers are plastic )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963