Fat Lass OEM Side Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
And for the record... both my 5.7 Rams (2013 Express and 2015 Sport) were at about 19 MPG until about 10K miles then they jumped to about 21 and 20 with the Express hitting 22. My current Larry is at 18.5 with 3k miles.

OP
OP
ScottFL

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks Farmer, appreciate you saying that.

Also thanks for the info on the MPG, just filled her up today and the others were not kidding as the calibration is not set up for the 32 gallon tank, it was saying I was almost empty but got only 26.1 gallons in her. In the Florida heat I'll top her when the warning comes on to keep that sweet remote start humming to cool it down but if I'm not using remote start I anticipate driving on "E" for a while.

Big_W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8
I'm a pretty big fellow at 6'3" 375 lbs.

Any other big boys out there stepping on OEM rails? After driving around in this rig for a week I'm surprised at how far up I'm sitting. I'm level with F250 with big wheels.

I'm 6'10" 375 lbs. and added the OEM wheel-to-wheel side steps to my '17 Big Horn...there should definitely be a third bracket for each one...

They sag a little, but not enough that I've ever been concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ScottFL

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
UPDATE:

I stopped by the dealer today armed with a copy of my window sticker, the instruction sheets for both the "side" and the "wheel to wheel side steps" and explained my concern. The dealership was in agreement and is taking it to FCA and I hope to hear something soon.

OP
OP
ScottFL

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
UPDATE:

Not good news. I was informed that the 5'7" bed gets two brackets and the 6 & 8' beds get the three brackets....

Am I getting the run around, anyone out there especially in a 2016 or 17 that has the short bed with three brackets?

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I don't understand what the length of the bed has to do with the mounting points of the steps when they mount to the cab? That being said, I bought a set of cab length OEM steps from a guy with a 2015 Laramie Quad cab, 5'7" bed. The steps had three mounting brackets. I put those steps on my 2015 Express QC with a 5'7" bed. When we bought our 2500 Laramie with 6' bed, I moved those same steps over.

I've never understood why some steps have two and some have three.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just checked under mine with the 5.7 bed and I only have (2) brackets even though I have (3) pads lol.

Big_W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8
UPDATE:

Not good news. I was informed that the 5'7" bed gets two brackets and the 6 & 8' beds get the three brackets....

Am I getting the run around, anyone out there especially in a 2016 or 17 that has the short bed with three brackets?

Oh, that might explain it, but you should still get the third bracket if you can and the cab has the proper mount points for the bracket.

I do have the 6' bed, but never specified that when I placed the order with the dealer for my W2W side steps for my '17 Big Horn CC...

At our weight, that third support really makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro