Finally got my shorty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not much of a mod, but the stock mast was driving me crazy. They didn't have the same one I put on my Jeep, so I got this carbon fibre version from Manny, Moe, and Jack for $15. I saw them cheaper online, but wanted to be done with it today. Looks ok, but not really a CF look IMO. I never listen to the radio, so can't comment on reception. Out here in the sticks there's not much anyways.

wink

CF_Shorty1.jpg

CF_Shorty2.jpg

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got one too.
It's a must have. Watch it fade to a golden copper color. I'm on my 3rd one

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Love how it disappeared from view, now I just have to look every once in a while to make sure no one has stolen it.
bullet antenna.JPG

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got one too.
It's a must have. Watch it fade to a golden copper color. I'm on my 3rd one

Bummer! Was yours a Metra brand too? If mine fades I'll trash it and get another like I have on my Jeep. I believe it was a Pilot brand. I actually like it better. No molded in grooves or CF nonsense. Couldn't find one in stock yesterday. Well didn't look that hard. But it's been on my Jeep for probably 5-6 years. It's seen -20 to 120 temps, rain, snow, and the intense sun. Still looks new.

Love how it disappeared from view, now I just have to look every once in a while to make sure no one has stolen it.
View attachment 89244

Yeah can't see it at all from the driver seat.

An update: I decided to try the radio yesterday just to see if it worked at all. Seemed to pick up all the stations the OEM mast did. Little staticky, but so was the OEM.

wink

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Whoo, Pigzilla looks freaking like a hoot to drive. 800 HP at the wheels!!!!!!!!!

Are you gonna turn the Ram into a monster as well?

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Whoo, Pigzilla looks freaking like a hoot to drive. 800 HP at the wheels!!!!!!!!!

Are you gonna turn the Ram into a monster as well?

Thanks man! The 800 HP was the previous incarnation that I called The Flying Pig. Actually probably closer to 850, but we never threw it back on the rollers after that startup pull. Just guestimating from my ETs. But yeah it was a blast to drive, on and off track!

Pigzilla is the new build underway right now. We're shooting for 1600-1800 HP to the wheels. It will be a true monster, and it's gonna look stock. Talk about a sleeper. ;)

I bought the Ram as a daily driver. Wasn't planning on doing any performance mods to it. But since Pigzilla isn't finished, it's the only toy I have for the track right now. All I've done is a tune...so far. ;) I've get 1790 miles on the Ram, and I've already made 20 passes. LOL! But it's not that exciting running 5 seconds slower than I'm used to. So I'm sure it'll get more power down the road. How crazy I'll go is anyone's guess...

wink

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can't recall the brand but I read that if it's a good one for reception it's a copper core inside that the paint can't stand up to? But one with poor reception doesn't have that copper core and will look good for longer

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't recall the brand but I read that if it's a good one for reception it's a copper core inside that the paint can't stand up to? But one with poor reception doesn't have that copper core and will look good for longer

Interesting. Mine is rubber, but I thought about painting over that faux carbon fiber area. I couldn't see it through the blister pack or I probably would've got something else. But thanks for the heads up bud! I'll keep an eye on mine.

wink