It finally happened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been searching eBay for OEM projectors since Jan. Everything I looked at that was remotely affordable had broken tabs or scratched lens. Well tonight I worked out a deal on 2 oem black projectors with no broken tabs or scratches for $440 shipped.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn, that's a steal, if they're in good condition, sounds like someone didn't know the value of what they had and mighta though that the light bubbling was a big value drop. Post some pics when ya get them!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice find

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Damn, that's a steal, if they're in good condition, sounds like someone didn't know the value of what they had and mighta though that the light bubbling was a big value drop. Post some pics when ya get them!

They aren't the solid black they do have the chrome shroud. They also seem to be in very good condition.

*EDIT* Well i just relooked at them and it actualy does look like they have the black shrouds. It was really hard to tell in the photos on my phone last night. I was so excited to find a set that was in good shape at that price that i jumped on them. Not sure i want all black. I'll see how I feel about them once I get them.

s-l1600%201_zpsq95oyyfd.jpg

s-l1600_zps9zhcwtyg.jpg

Last edited:

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you got a smokin deal then. I sold my oem projectors off my 2015 with one of them scrathed for $650.00 and the guy was able to buff the scratch out as he was a autobody technician

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
chances are like stated above since they were so "cheap" there is bubbling in the paint from the sun reflecting off the projector and heating it up.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll check them out once they come in. But these might be flipped. I really wish I paid closer attention but the price was right. I want the chrome shrouds to match the chrome on my grille. I'm sure I could probably sell them to Demon. He seems to buy headlights like nobody's business.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i would buy them as temporary lights for when I send mine to JJ for him to work his magic, but i don't want to spend what you paid for "temp" lights that probably wont sell easy if there is definitely bubbling in the paint

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i would buy them as temporary lights for when I send mine to JJ for him to work his magic, but i don't want to spend what you paid for "temp" lights that probably wont sell easy if there is definitely bubbling in the paint

Well honestly if there is any bubblin at all they are getting returned through paypal. They are listed as in great condition.

MIKE-HKS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been searching eBay for OEM projectors since Jan. Everything I looked at that was remotely affordable had broken tabs or scratched lens. Well tonight I worked out a deal on 2 oem black projectors with no broken tabs or scratches for $440 shipped.

just a heads up
when you get them, shake them , i bought one for the right side ,mint condition
when it got here the projector inside was loose , no broken tabs outside no scratches , but the inside tab that holds the projector in place was broken , its the first one to break on the smallest impact,
and most of these used headlights come from damage trucks ,
the seller wasn't even aware of the loose projector

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one that was loose basically the plastic piece that held it in place broke away from the housing. It was still there so I put it back into it's correct position glued it in place then plastic welded it back. I knew mine was a project when I bought it though. Was doing it on the cheap. It had pretty much no tabs left on it either. I took off the stock headlight and cut off the tabs and plastic welded those onto my led headlight. Not ideal but for less
Than 100 bucks I had a headlight that looks and works well. Maybe I will buy a good one some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From talking to JJ, the black ones are rare and valuable for those that want to black them out. They were only placed on the vehicles for half a year due to the bubbling issues and they were tired of warrantying them. Mine has bubbling, but it's minimal and you have to be right up on it to tell. JJ will only paint the shrouds under firm understanding that it WILL bubble and not be covered by his warranty. You can't even buy oem or aftermarket oem style with the black shroud. If they're in good condition, you may be able to sell them for more than new oem if you're willing to wait for the right buyer to come around.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From talking to JJ, the black ones are rare and valuable for those that want to black them out. They were only placed on the vehicles for half a year due to the bubbling issues and they were tired of warrantying them. Mine has bubbling, but it's minimal and you have to be right up on it to tell. JJ will only paint the shrouds under firm understanding that it WILL bubble and not be covered by his warranty. You can't even buy oem or aftermarket oem style with the black shroud. If they're in good condition, you may be able to sell them for more than new oem if you're willing to wait for the right buyer to come around.

Thats been my understanding as well. They are supposed to arrive by end of day tomorrow. So we shall see what kind of shape they are in.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I'll check them out once they come in. But these might be flipped. I really wish I paid closer attention but the price was right. I want the chrome shrouds to match the chrome on my grille. I'm sure I could probably sell them to Demon. He seems to buy headlights like nobody's business.

HEY NOW!

but you are right, id buy em from ya! :roflsquared:

honestly in my hunting of all my sets of OEM projectors i was hoping for the all black ones, bubbling or not...

Sad part, i ordered a set of OEM black quads last night!

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
HEY NOW!

but you are right, id buy em from ya! :roflsquared:

honestly in my hunting of all my sets of OEM projectors i was hoping for the all black ones, bubbling or not...

Sad part, i ordered a set of OEM black quads last night!

do you have matching oem projectors with the chrome shrouds? That's what he wants and I'm sure he would work a trade with you.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
do you have matching oem projectors with the chrome shrouds? That's what he wants and I'm sure he would work a trade with you.

do you have to ask that :naughty:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
lmao and i mean the black projectors exactly like mine

Well if i open headlight closet number one...

dont mind the mess, cleaning out the old stuff from that closet, used to have camaro parts in it, lol

efc7b3c2a1640af453f14ba58064c52a.jpg