Firestone Destination MT vs. Mastercraft Courser MXT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can I ask where you are getting the Firestones and installation at that price? TireRack is $227 per tire plus shipping to me in Illinois (warehouse is in IN). $1038 total. Best price I've seen so far. Then I need them balanced and installed, as of now $140 for that at the local tire shop. Just curious as to where you are getting it for $1078. Thanks

Local Firestone dealer has them for over $300 a piece. $1400+installed. Seems a bit out of line when they are the manufacture/dealer and TireRack sells them for $227per. I get that TireRack sells volume but damn.

Tirebuyer.com

The thread below shows them and the deal I got:
http://www.ramforum.com/f41/merry_christmas_me-78298/

I was a little over $1,100 installed including an alignment

zavaral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I havent read any of the posts yet. But wanted to throw my personal opinion about the the destination mt.
I used to have them on my Explorer back when i was offroading it all the time and that was THE best tire i ever used. Air down on the rocks ( including granite) they held up very well. Never had any lugs rip off or anything rip through them ( other than nails). In the mud they performed very well never got stuck same in the sand. I eventually ran them smooth and replaced them with a set of BFGs and realized how much better the firestones were.
Never had the chance to take them in the snow or ice. Austin doesnt get that much and when we do it really isnt much to count.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Mastercrafts and have only had mine a little over 3 months, but like you I drive WAY too much. I've put 7k miles on them already and so far.. I'm very happy with them.

I haven't noticed much tread wear yet, if any at all, and I haven't got the chance to use them in the snow/ice thanks to El Nino.. but I have got plenty of rain and I believe they do real well in the wet. The road noise is perfect.. not annoyingly loud, but you can still hear them singing. I really like the tires and most likely buy them again when these are done.

Great tire at a great price. I believe you would be pleased with them.

:favorites13:
What size are your mxts

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bump.

More Firestone destination m/t experiences please

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump.

More Firestone destination m/t experiences please

I got roughly 5k miles on them since I purchased them. So far I am impressed:

• Excellent traction on & off road, even in wet conditions.
  • Light snow, they do not grip all that good but that is to be expected with a mud terrain with no sipes.
  • Deep snow - look out! I was plowing through every snow drift and untouched area when Snow Storm Jonas hit a couple weeks ago dumping 17" where I'm at. Even helped me pull a stuck car out of a snow drift from stopping on a 5% grade going uphill.
  • Tread wear is very minimal at 5k miles. I am very hard on tires so I am curious to see if I can get what others are getting out of them. Note - I do rotate every 5k miles.
  • Road noise is present at highway speeds but is bearable - has a faint roar but can easily be drowned out with the radio.

All-in-all I am very pleased with my tire purchase and so far will be purchasing these tires again in years to come - especially for the price!

Das

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
NA
BUMP

Although I do not own a Dodge I've had both tires in question, Destination MT and Courser MXT.

The Destinations were on a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4d. The Coursers are currently on an '05 Ford Excursion diesel.

Here's my opinion. The Destinations with about 13k are far superior to the Coursers with about 13k on them. The compound is softer on the Coursers and are horrible under acceleration in the rain. The molding process is also subpar, as mine have a single indentation per tire running from rim to tread. With the Firestones I never had tread chunking or any other issues. My experience with both tires are east-coast only, no snow, ton of rain mostly. The Destinations are louder than the Coursers on the highway but neither is unbearable.

As I'm already looking for new tires I'll certainly go back to the Firestone Destination MTs.