First wash since ceramic coat and plastidiped my emblems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am really impressed with the ceramic coating I had done almost two weeks ago. I immediately saw the shine difference; however, when I just washed my truck, the water beads and falls right off. It almost immediately drys as well.

Two days prior to the wash I plastidiped my emblems. It was much easier than I thought. Plus, they look so much better in black! I need to coat the front emblem on the grill and I might coat the chrome on my side steps!

Here is a video showing the water beads and emblems.

https://youtu.be/mioUE06LgQY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
That's insane!!!

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's insane!!!

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

I know right! Even the foam cannon beads! Here is a previous picture of the foam cannon prior to the ceramic coating.

2f7259e8a8e3a7ecb1b0bd7c7708f38c.jpg

Joji91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much was the ceramic coating?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great!!! If you can blow the remaining water off with a blower, the truck may be dry and then you wouldn't have to dry it with a towel and avoid the possibility of putting scratches in the surface.
Jay

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much was the ceramic coating?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

$750 which included truck detail (wheels and wells, inside and out side), paint correction (if needed), full truck buff to remove all swirl marks, and the ceramic coating. For my new truck (3 months old) there was 15 hrs of buffing to remove swirl marks.

Here is my original thread after the coating which has some pictures to show the difference of what the coating did. To me it was money well spent, especially since I am in this truck for the long haul!

http://www.ramforum.com/f7/another_update_ceramic_coating_2017_ram_sport-105087/

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great!!! If you can blow the remaining water off with a blower, the truck may be dry and then you wouldn't have to dry it with a towel and avoid the possibility of putting scratches in the surface.
Jay

Thank you! Exactly! I do not dry my truck with a towel. Even the owner of JaxWax (the company that makes U.S. Detailing products here in Columbus, Ohio, and put on my ceramic coat), told me to let it air dry, or blow it off. The less touching of the Truck keeps the paint in great condition.

Once it drys is detail my truck with the ceramic sealant.

be93722792cea6c099c35777bfdc4465.jpg
cfbdc563f005166a778abfd17ccfd927.jpg

Last edited:

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any downside to ceramic coat? Truck looks amazing!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any downside to ceramic coat? Truck looks amazing!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thank you! [emoji106]

The only downside to ceramic coating I can think of is if you do not buff out the swirl marks, you will see them after the truck is coated. The ceramic coat enhances the shine of your truck. It's an extra layer of protection on top of the clearcoat.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! [emoji106]

The only downside to ceramic coating I can think of is if you do not buff out the swirl marks, you will see them after the truck is coated. The ceramic coat enhances the shine of your truck. If there are imperfections in the paint they will all be enhanced. It's an extra layer of protection on top of the clearcoat.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
How long does it last? Would be well worth it if it lasts for a couple of years lol.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long does it last? Would be well worth it if it lasts for a couple of years lol.

Columbus, Ohio. Their store and building where they make the products is about 5-10 min from me.

Where in Ohio did you get this done?

It is guaranteed to last 2-3 years, however, using the special ceramic shampoo and sealing detailed spray will keep renewing the coating. So theoretically it could last a lifetime of the truck.