Flares Installed

What to do with the Hemi badge?

• Leave It

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Remove It

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My honest opinion is that your truck is so awesome, I never noticed the badge until you pointed it out. With that being said, it is the only chrome so I would experiment with making it a different color before completely removing it.

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Ram/2013 Charger R/T Super Trak Pak
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Flares on your truck would look good, but they just don't finish right on the front end of the truck where they end just after the head light. If there was a way for them to fade into the body line, then I'd like it quite a bit more.

Just my Oxygen here.

Ram_bo06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I vote leave it on. My only opinion would be to move it up by about an inch and I think it would be perfect placement! Truck looks great man as always. Flares look awesome.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I left mine on because I like the look of it and people need to know what it is! Although I will be moving it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My honest opinion is that your truck is so awesome, I never noticed the badge until you pointed it out. With that being said, it is the only chrome so I would experiment with making it a different color before completely removing it.

Thanks man. I was looking at it a little closer, and I'm not entirely sure how easy it will be to paint. Doubt if I have the patience it would take to do it. LOL

Flares on your truck would look good, but they just don't finish right on the front end of the truck where they end just after the head light. If there was a way for them to fade into the body line, then I'd like it quite a bit more.

Just my Oxygen here.

I hear you. As it is these flares fade more than others I've seen. I guess these were the least of the evils imo...needed something to keep the side of my truck from getting chipped up though.

Looks great bro like always!! leave it on there.

Thanks!! Yeah for now it's probably going to stay where it is.

I vote leave it on. My only opinion would be to move it up by about an inch and I think it would be perfect placement! Truck looks great man as always. Flares look awesome.

I will keep that in mind, thanks!

I left mine on because I like the look of it and people need to know what it is! Although I will be moving it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think of it that way too - but there would also be nothing stopping someone from buying one and putting it on a non-hemi truck. I dunno. Guess it's fine for now.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
i vote leave it. i think your truck looks perfect how it is. i think your just running out of ideas too mod your trucks appearance so your looking at little stuff now :jester:

09ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
what are the part numbers on those flares and cant they come painted from dealer. thanks

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
what are the part numbers on those flares and cant they come painted from dealer. thanks

These can be had from mopar-wholsale.com for $280 (last time I checked). Part number is 82212208. Whether you buy them online or from the dealer, they will come black and have to be painted. The dealer, or whoever you will get to paint it, will need the paint code which can be found on the inside of the driver's door.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
yeah..........they used to carry painted flares. Like, last year. I called a few months ago to buy a set...........yup, no more. SO.....I had a set painted. :D

edit - that is for the laramie flares, not the pw flares by the way.

OP
OP
Musclemckeester

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thor09 ordered the PW flares through the dealer but had to have them painted at the dealer once they arrived.