Fluid Film, how much to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just looking to use some fluid film on the underbody of my truck. I'm wondering if 3 11 oz cans will do the job? And obviously I spray all of the metal underneath that I can see. Any places I should make sure I get or make sure I avoid?

Also can anyone comment to the effectiveness of this stuff? I've done a little research and have mad mixed results about if newer vehicles actually need this type of product or not.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

weeseven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is "fluid film" i never heard of that and what does it do

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Just looking to use some fluid film on the underbody of my truck. I'm wondering if 3 11 oz cans will do the job? And obviously I spray all of the metal underneath that I can see. Any places I should make sure I get or make sure I avoid?

Also can anyone comment to the effectiveness of this stuff? I've done a little research and have mad mixed results about if newer vehicles actually need this type of product or not.

Thanks for the help!

I use 2 cans of Amsoil MP HD. Should be very similar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2500 Mega cab with 6.5 bed. I used 4 cans and probably could use one more.

This is the first time I've used it so I can't comment on the effectiveness yet. Living in SE Pennsylvania with all the winter cinders and salt, I just figured it couldn't hurt.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
What is "fluid film" i never heard of that and what does it do

Like undercoating to prevent rust, etc...but liquid, not a black rubberized coating.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for the help!

If you have an air compressor and a garage you should check out the kits on Amazon. You get 1 gallon of FF and a sprayer.

Spray on rubber bushing etc - it rejuvenates them.

Spray in any openings in panels and doors.

I'd get 4-5 of the spray cans - if you have leftovers you can use them next year or on other items.

heavyblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just used it on my 2015 1500. 2 cans is more than enough.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Here is my 2 cents. The first year I did rattle cans only just doing the frame rails, axles and suspension bits and I easily used 3 cans. If doing the whole underside to include the sheet metal, easily 5 rattle cans if not more.

That being said, rattle can was a little time consuming and did not spread it thick as I like. This year, I bought 1 gallon can and using my electric paint sprayer, did the whole underside to include underside sheet metal. Used maybe 3/4 of that gallon can.

2016-10-09%2016.17.10.jpg

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would recommend if you have a air compressor to get a cheep under coating gun. If it's your first time I used 1 and half gallons... if it's your second time it's about a gallon.