Front bumper clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 4x4, SXT with a 2.5" leveling kit in the front.

The front bumper, with the black plastic piece below the chrome bumper is just too damned low.

I realize I could buy a steal "off roading" bumper but they are pretty expensive.

Can that black piece be removed and does it still look "ok?"

Does anyone have any other ideas for more clearance that don't cost a ton?

I realize I'll probably have to break down and buy a steal bumper but I thought I'd try.

If I do have to go steal, does anyone have any small footprint, and cheap options you favor?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should be able to easily remove the valance. Take a peak behind the bumper and you will see the fasteners. Take it off and see if you are ok with the look.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For Steel Carid.com has a lot of options for your truck starting at 700, I know that's not exactly "cheap" lol but yeah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chrisp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, thats kind of what I thought I'd have to do.

Chris.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's removable...I'd rather have it on and get banged up instead of the number though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chrisp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in general agreement in theory, however I think with the terrain here (Arizona) the chances are better that it will end up bending the wimpy chrome bumper or do more damage if it's torn off and I run it over. I see these things on the trails all the time.

I think I'm going to go ahead and remove it. Looks like a pain to get to but easy otherwise.

If I end up wrecking the chrome bumper I'll just upgrade to steel. If I don't wreck it, I'm ahead of the game. :)

Thanks all,

Chris.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm in general agreement in theory, however I think with the terrain here (Arizona) the chances are better that it will end up bending the wimpy chrome bumper or do more damage if it's torn off and I run it over. I see these things on the trails all the time.

I think I'm going to go ahead and remove it. Looks like a pain to get to but easy otherwise.

If I end up wrecking the chrome bumper I'll just upgrade to steel. If I don't wreck it, I'm ahead of the game. :)

Thanks all,

Chris.
Fair enough...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk