Front end alignment questions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the spacer lift in my truck and changed it out for the Blistein shocks and set them at 2.8. It leveled the truck with a 1/2 inch rack. I had the truck aligned after the spacers were installed. Now my question is (which I think I know the answer to, Yes) should I get an alignment again? The front does not look pigeon toed at all. What do you guys/gals think.
I searched for this topic but came up empty. Any input would be great. I'm kinda hoping I don't have too.

Isaac5108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Probably didn't change much. But I'd still recommend getting it checked anyway. Cheap insurance if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would most definitely get it checked. When I got my 10 1500 leveled it shot my camber way out. So far out I had to buy adjusting balljoints to compensate how far out it was.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yes, always need an algnament when making any changes to the front end

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Get it aligned, you may not notice while driving, but you'll see the wear on the tires. It doesn't take much for the alignment to be out to wear the tires wrong.

Isaac5108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Cost of an Alignment is a lot less than a set of tires! Like I said before, cheap insurance!

OP
OP
Trykonkid11

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I made the switch from Rancho quicklift to Fox 2.0 shocks I waited about a month or two before I had it aligned. There is a small, independent shop I like in North Hollywood, Ca that I like. And it just difficult to get in there with my schedule. ANYWAYS.....it was a little out of spec and it made a big difference in the way the truck handles. Feels a lot better now. The alignment was great before the Fox's were installed. And the Fox shocks only raised it about an inch. But that was enough to throw it out of spec and effect the bumps, dips, etc. Even though it still drove straight down the road!

I think people just figure alignment is for tire wear. But a alignment that's out of spec effects the way your vehicle handles too.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I made the switch from Rancho quicklift to Fox 2.0 shocks I waited about a month or two before I had it aligned. There is a small, independent shop I like in North Hollywood, Ca that I like. And it just difficult to get in there with my schedule. ANYWAYS.....it was a little out of spec and it made a big difference in the way the truck handles. Feels a lot better now. The alignment was great before the Fox's were installed. And the Fox shocks only raised it about an inch. But that was enough to throw it out of spec and effect the bumps, dips, etc. Even though it still drove straight down the road!

I think people just figure alignment is for tire wear. But a alignment that's out of spec effects the way your vehicle handles too.