Front park sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a front park sensor that goes nuts when it's raining outside. Any time I drop below 5mph or so the sensor goes off. If it's dry, I don't have an issue and the sensor works just like its supposed to.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm past warranty so the dealer isn't going to help me.

Would heat shrink or wrapping the wires with electrical tape help?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine will get odd when they are soaked or just pressure washed. Wet doesnt just do it, I have to have driven in the rain to get them to act funny. Just wet thought mine work as normal.

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine does it all the time too. They are sensitive and we just have to deal with it.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine do this too. Drove in today in the snow and it was beeping at me with nothing in front of me.

If it bothers you shut them off, I have one time when they kept going off.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Mine has never done this. In very heavy rain/fog etc...

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine also go off in heavy rain or snow, I just turn them off.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First snow of the season yesterday. Stupid sensors were driving me crazy. Just like last year and the year before. I just shut them off.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just curious for my next truck - can you turn off the fronts independently of the rears or are they on the same circuit?

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious for my next truck - can you turn off the fronts independently of the rears or are they on the same circuit?

Mine went off in the snow/freezing rain we had here a week or so ago, first weather since I bought the thing.

There should be separate buttons for front and rear, below the climate and radio knobs.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

My 17 has a separate switch for each. Haven't had mine in snow yet but rain doesn't set them off.

gregranger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
My 2016 ecodiesel has this same problem since new. I have been working with my local dealer for over a year to fix it and nothing has worked so far. They and the FCA rep claim that they have never seen this problem before. I am on my third set of sensors, the modules have been replaced, the wiring harness replaced, unpainted sensors used and nothing has fixed the problem. I have 56,000 miles on my 2 year old truck so it happens a lot. Mostly it happens in the rain but occasionally it happens when its dry. I have used a pressure washer to try and duplicate the issue to no avail. When it snows I get the appropriate notice and wipe them to return them to normal. Most of the time the system works fine in actual parking situations. I have had one instance when the sensors did not work and I touched an object with the front bumper (no damage). If you have had a similar issue could you please send me the last 6 digits of your vin and the name and city of the dealer where you tried to get this resolved? If you were able to successfully get this problem repaired, please tell us what worked. Thanks