Front Parking Sensors-How To Remove????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MauiDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Have a 2016 1500 Limited. Am installing a Bull Bar and lights. Need to move the front parking sensors out to the bull bar (just the two center ones).

Trying to figure out how to remove them without taking the whole bumper off. When I reach up there from behind, as far as my fingers can reach, it seems like they're somewhere in-between the plastic outer cover of the bumper and a long black plastic piece in front of the bumper, inaccessible.

All I need to do is get to the plug and wiring behind them, and run wires to the two new sensors in the bull bar.

Anyone know how to get to these sensors and their wiring?

Thanks in advance

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 2016 1500 Limited. Am installing a Bull Bar and lights. Need to move the front parking sensors out to the bull bar (just the two center ones).

Trying to figure out how to remove them without taking the whole bumper off. When I reach up there from behind, as far as my fingers can reach, it seems like they're somewhere in-between the plastic outer cover of the bumper and a long black plastic piece in front of the bumper, inaccessible.

All I need to do is get to the plug and wiring behind them, and run wires to the two new sensors in the bull bar.

Anyone know how to get to these sensors and their wiring?

Thanks in advance
Which bull bar has parking sensors?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MauiDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Reply to question...

I'm moving the two in the center of the bumper to the bull bar. Bought two new sensors to install. Just need to find out where the wiring is or how to remove the existing ones. Thanks.

Dale Hartley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you find out how to disconnect the Front Bumper sensors ? or remove them? doing the same thing installing a Grille Guard and the senors go off now and beep until I hit about 6 miles an hour .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45