Front and rear ram emblems. How are they held on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to get some black ram emblems. Is it as simple as popping the old ones off or do they have adhesive? Also, anyone know a good place to get the black ones or any custom type emblems

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
They are both held on with adhesive. The front has posts and clips. The rear has two posts.

To get oem black badges - eBay, amazon, or moparparts websites like our vendor allmoparparts.com

Another option is to plasti dip your current badges

Dippinchick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plastidipped my front and rear emblems. Front it all clips, very easy to take apart. Back is clip and adhesive, 20lb fishing line took it off no problem. Plastidipped and threw them back on the same day.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used trim removal tool and popped both out when I replaced mine with black ones from mopar parts online. Don't order off Amazon. Prices are cheaper but it's a gamble if you are actually going to get the OEM ones. Buddy ordered from Amazon and got little Chinese knockoffs Literally little. Held up to the OEM ones they were way to small. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I used trim removal tool and popped both out when I replaced mine with black ones from mopar parts online. Don't order off Amazon. Prices are cheaper but it's a gamble if you are actually going to get the OEM ones. Buddy ordered from Amazon and got little Chinese knockoffs Literally little. Held up to the OEM ones they were way to small. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He got the 3rd gen badges.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I painted mine with rustoleum paint. It's been 8 months and they are still perfect.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I plasti dipped mine too. Taped off around them and an hour later they were black. Total cost: $8.00 for the can of plasti dip and the tape.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I plastidipped my front and rear Ram head emblems. I also did the chrome grill inserts....I guess I went full black. The back emblem I did on the truck and the front one I took off to plastidip.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 94

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah on my 2010 TRX, I painted the front and rear emblems. The front one comes off very easily. For the tailgate, I just taped it off and did it. It turned out great.