Front Stake Pocket Dimension Under Punch Out Protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fredansandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Crew short bed. The front two stake pockets are covered by the bed rail protector with punch outs. The rear two pockets are not covered. After perusing the threads here, I think that is common.

My question, does anyone know the dimensions of the front stake pockets? Are they the same size as the rear pockets. I am considering mounting a stake pocket antenna mount for ham radio on my truck. I haven't yet decided if I want it mounted in the front or rear pocket. If the pockets are the same size, I will order the mount knowing I have the option to move it later. If they are not the same size, I will need to make a decision before ordering.

Thanks in advance.

HemiJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cut 5/32 of an inch on each side facing the bed and bed rail and 19/32 each side on the top and bottom facing the tailgate and cab of the cut out. Those are the dimensions that came with my fold a cover to cut out