Front suspension squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thurbur445

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been having some serious squeaking from my front end on my 2013 Ram 1500 4x4, when going over any kind of uneven terrain. I have tried greasing/spraying the front shock mounts, sway bar bushings, and end links. I can intermittently get the sound to happen by shaking the truck, but it isn't a sure thing.

I'm at a loss at what it could be, the truck is pretty embarrassing to drive at the moment. I'm somewhat hampered by living in an apartment, and living hours away from any friends/family that could crawl under while i give it a shake.

Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated, Thanks.

karltonp81

Reaction score
Ram Year
dont have one yet
Engine
Probably the rubber bushings on front stabilizer bar . Easy to replace

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

jcagle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same thing, just replaced the front shocks.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Mt45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same problem on a 2015 Bighorn that I just bought used. It came with 35” tires, so I should have known that the suspension had some sort of lift in it. It had a terrible squeak any time I drove faster than 15 mph. Even on good road in my neighborhood. It made me want to sell the truck!!

After seeing several posts about struts, I took it to my mechanic and told him to start there. He found that there was a 2” spacer at the top of the strut, but under the strut tower top. The center bolt that holds the strut within the tower top was badly reamed out on the passenger side, and it was starting to happen on the other side.
Long story short, two new strut packages and a 2” leveler placed on the top of the tower top (where it’s supposed to go) and the squeak is gone. Silence!! It allowed me to keep my 35’s and should fix the problem going forward.
So, if you have a squeak in your front suspension, look at the top of the strut towers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956