FYI - N-Fab Powder Coat Finish Sucks !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just to let anybody looking for steps know, the finish on these things sucks. My N-Fabs have been thru 2 Ohio winters. While ours aren't like Wisconsin winters or anything, they can be pretty crappy. Every weld joint is rusted, and the powder flaked off . . . Same with the fronts of all four steps, and the openings of both ends. There is no gloss to them any more, and they scuff and scratch really easy.

You say BowersFJ, they have a lifetime finish warrantee . . . Well, I got em and had to modify the mounting slots because I have factory flares. I called em, and was told that they knew about that, but only the high end model has flares, and not many people put flares on Rams. Wow, these guys really have their finger on the pulse of their industry. Since I had to modify them to get them to fit what is basically a factory set-up, they won't take them back.

Fortunately we powdercoat where I work. So I gotta get em blasted, and then our powder line has a three stage wash and prime before heading into the powder booth. I'll be curious to see how our finish holds up, compared to the N-Fab factory finish.

I'd say if you're in Arizona you'd be OK, but my guess is that the sand on the roads out there would have em lookin like **** just as fast.

In general I like how the steps look, and they are solid as a rock solid once bolted up. It's just the fit and finish sucks.

Well, that's my *****-O-the-Day . . . Thanks for listenin, and thanks N-Fab :flipthebird:

Last edited:

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Well now I know not to go with N-Fab when I replace my bumper. No wonder it's so much cheaper than the Kore one.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can't imagine they finish their bumpers any better than their steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
The bumper for the 1500 doesn't mount up directly under the grille and headlights and I would need to get the bumper valence too which is a pain in the ass. Rather just get the Kore one mounted up and look beastly.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a shame that they dont stand behind their product.... rant on!!

AirborneRGR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The tubing they use is garbage as well. I had them on my last ram, slightly bumped a rock while turning in my driveway and crushed the step. I'm never buying from the, again.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've heard this complaint. Too bad, because they do look great! I wonder if the similar Go Rhino bars are better quality?

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
the powedercoat on my go-rhinos wasnt the best either. i had mine re-done by a local guy and they have help up great over the last winter.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The tubing they use is garbage as well. I had them on my last ram, slightly bumped a rock while turning in my driveway and crushed the step. I'm never buying from the, again.

Greeeeeat . . . Whip cream on dog **** is still dog **** then . . .

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My go rhinos are starting to rust after the second winter. I'm going to get them line x'd when I do my fender flares and rocker molding

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got rid of my nfab steps after the mounting hardware started crumbling apart from rust. Every time I stepped on them, they would sink down and you could hear cracking. (I'm only a 160lb guy) Only had them on three months and they only saw one day of snow. Nfab said they would send me new hardware, but magically it never arrived. I called and emailed several times after that and never got a response. Bad Customer service along with a poor quality product....just doesn't seem like the recipe for a successful business

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
That sucks.

Mt cheapo $118 black painted SS side steps are holding up great after a long salty winter here. I thought about fabbing my own for like $60 and getting them rhino lined.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sure does suck . . . $400 for two big rusty pcs of crap on the side of my nice white truck

thess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too bad Kore has no interest or didn't 3 weeks ago in making said bumper. Said they were sold out and don't know when they will want to make more. Spoke to them when I was building my Ram Runner. I had my guy custom fab a set. I have seen the Kore product in person and have to say the attention to detail on my bumpers and the flawless match to the body lines is amazing compared the the Kore product. If you guys are looking for any bumper needs let me know. You can look through my pictures as reference or I can post more. Bumpers can be made for weld on or bolt on. I personally had mine welded on. TiG only.

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Road Armors powder coat is thinner than ass. I use plasti dip as a touch up by taping around the nicks

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Doc1609, did Andrew from N-Fab PM you and offer you that bag of clips, washers, and bolts they wouldn't send you before ? PM'd me because he couldn't post on this thread for a little damage control and try and save face. Noooow they wanna make nice nice . . . Lol. Seems some bad press on this lil ole forum is all it takes to get some customer service out of them.

I told em again, I like the steps, but the fit and finish sucks. I fixed the fit myself, and now I'll fix the finish myself.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Doc1609, did Andrew from N-Fab PM you and offer you that bag of clips, washers, and bolts they wouldn't send you before ? PM'd me because he couldn't post on this thread for a little damage control and try and save face. Noooow they wanna make nice nice . . . Lol. Seems some bad press on this lil ole forum is all it takes to get some customer service out of them.

I told em again, I like the steps, but the fit and finish sucks. I fixed the fit myself, and now I'll fix the finish myself.

It's hilarious in this day and age, that so many companies don't understand the power of the internet.

Ignoring one persons legitimate claim, can literally cost you hundreds (if not thousands) of customers.

Dumb-asses

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
well I guess I wont be getting those like I planned. I will have to find a three step somewhere else... bummer.

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bowers, no I didn't get a pm from anyone. Hope you get your problem fixed. It's been a year since I last attempted to contact them and I've given up on them to make it right. I want to buy some of their other products for my truck, but after this whole ordeal, I think I will look elsewhere. I would understand more if I bought some cheap pos stuff, but I really forked out the money believing I was getting a quality product. Disappointing.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Been there, done that. I had to re-coat mine after 3 years. In places the powdercoat was so thin it was gone within just a bit over a year and rust started.

By year 3 I had pulled them off, blasted them and had them re-done. 5 years later they still looked great. Too bad they didn't fit the 2014!

SB13_zpsd245e71e.jpg