Good price on OEM Sport hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I th8nl he meant he paid around $870 to buy the hood and an additional $150 to have it painted. But DirtRider, please correct me if I'm wrong and you paid $1,500 for your hood.

I do know that for a long time dealers were overcharging for the hoods because they were hard to come by and on backorder.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

Yes, I paid about $870 for my hood at the dealer and $150 for paint/install

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Then you sir have a GREAT dealer and one that is a rarity. I tried three local to me and not a one wanted to budge on the price. :(

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
O yes..... that is bad A $$. Looks GREAT! Very nice man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks man... I'm loving the truck now with these new headlights. I just love driving at night, I get lost sometimes just staring at the cutoff line ofnthe projector and hids lol
The burnt copper will look REAL good, just my opinion but I love the style man. I definitely vote the copper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yea I'm super excited to get them painted. Can't wait.
Then you sir have a GREAT dealer and one that is a rarity. I tried three local to me and not a one wanted to budge on the price. :(
Yea when I get price quotes for parts there, they usually are 20%-30% more expensive then eBay/Amazon or other sites like Rockauto.

But this time they gave me my employee discount so it went from $1,099 to $822. Thrn to $870 after tax. I was shocked when the guy said the price, I was like holy crap that's cheap.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man... I'm loving the truck now with these new headlights. I just love driving at night, I get lost sometimes just staring at the cutoff line ofnthe projector and hids lolYea I'm super excited to get them painted. Can't wait.Yea when I get price quotes for parts there, they usually are 20%-30% more expensive then eBay/Amazon or other sites like Rockauto.

But this time they gave me my employee discount so it went from $1,099 to $822. Thrn to $870 after tax. I was shocked when the guy said the price, I was like holy crap that's cheap.

I'm in the market for a sport hood for my 2017 . I am in Canada Prices suggestions would be helpful...
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So when I picked my truck up today after it got the rack & pinion fixed under warranty, for ***** and giggles I asked the parts department how much a 2013+ OEM sport hood cost.

In the past every time I ask them for parts, the price is always 2x what I find the part for online. This dealer parts department is always super overpriced so I was going into this expecting a $1,500-$1,700 price quote.

Since I get employee discount (I work for the parent company that owns the dealer) the hood was $1,099 msrp and after my discount it was only $821. It comes to $870 after tax. It is on backorder but is expected to only take 1-2 weeks to be delivered. They also told me my rack and pinion was on backorder and was a 2-3 week wait and it arrived 4 days later.

So, is $870 total, out the door a good price for the hood? I'm guessing it is, as it's the cheapest I've found one yet. Closest was $880 + $260 shipping or $880 + $20 if I drove 100+ miles to pick it up.

Ironically I've been searching for one locally for 9 months and finally tonight I find one on craigslist for $1,100 painted black. If it was my trucks color, PR4 Flame Red, id spend the extra $$ and buy it to avoid painting the new one.

Anyways, if anyone in PA or NJ is looking for a sport hood, let me know. I can forward the guys info to you. He says it's 1 month old, painted black and it's $1,100.

I'm looking for a black sport hood, only problem is I'm in the mass. area. hook me up if you can.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think there is a couple of sports hoods for sale or trade right now in the "for sale" and "wanted" section of the forum.
Jay