Goodbye headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ignition Orange Sport
Engine
5.7L
32848768776_fc6882ab5f_k.jpgIMG_9835 by Josh Clark, on Flickr32736084772_5d51c5d2e5_k.jpgIMG_9867 by Josh Clark, on Flickr32889521625_73bd08e1dd_k.jpgIMG_9864 by Josh Clark, on Flickr

Ok so I had my headlights replaced due to an apparent issue where the sun would reflect off of the projector and it would cause a burning and crinkling of the plastic in said spot. Chrysler acknowledged the issue when it was submitted for replacement, and whoever it was that my parts guy was dealing with told him that is the main reason Chrysler discontinued the all black projector housing.
I hate losing the original lights, the more black I could have on my truck the better, I was never a fan of the chrome/fake chrome look, especially on this truck. The burning also somehow was causing a brown haze around the top of the light that managed to get worse over time and was very noticeable, and just plain ugly... the truck cost too much to just shrug it off as no big deal and live with it.
So, if any of you have this set ( if you care ) you can check yours and see if that issue is going on with yours as well. Overall I'm glad there were no issues in getting them replaced, and that they acknowledged the issue. ( Edit )

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You're over reacting

Well to be fair, Chrysler had sent out acknowledgment of the issue with this burning, and in their words said it had to to with the sun reflecting off of the projector and creating that effect. What exactly did I over react about? Hating the chrome or losing my other set of lights, or the issue all together?

OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yessir. That bad. Of course here in Alaska, we have no sun right now.

This is the first time I think I've heard of this kind of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what my parts guy was told, and from another user on here about the issue, it apparently happens on the headlights with the black housing around the projector. They said it doesn't happen with the chrome version. They discontinued this style apparently for that reason.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Can an admin please speak to scubabill about his unecessary snide comments on every post?

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck looked good until you put the chrome projectors on it....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Way to be dramatic about a warranty replacement lol

Well I mean dramatic or not it does suck when the entire truck is built around black and orange and having chrome sticking out sucks for me. :disgust: I guess i'll be the butt of today and possibly tomorrows jokes. Go me.

OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Your truck looked good until you but the chrome projectors on it....

Well... as said they discontinued the ones mine came with for that issue, to get them replaced means getting the same lights every other sport has. Nothing I can do about it... it's either keep the lights that are hazing and burning or these.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same thing with my sport, but the chrome accents the grill better than the black ones

OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Didn't expect people to be such ***** in response to the post... yeah maybe I was a tad dramatic but come on, it warrants all that?

It also wasn't posted just to be dramatic about a warranty replacement, it was also to let anyone else with the black projector housing know of the issue just in case they had never read or heard of it happening.

OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'd keep the black ones until them b_tches exploded.

Well if anything, I may get them back if they tell him to just toss them out ( it's happened in the past when I worked there ). I'll either replace the lens or I'll play around with color matching. Can't bring myself to tear apart a fresh set of $900 lights.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Truck still looks great man.
Not sure whats up but I dont see why they all posted **** most people on here are good guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramguytexas87

Ramguytexas87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Truck still looks great man.
Not sure whats up but I dont see why they all post **** most people on here are good guys.

Appreciate that.

I don't know, I wasn't really expecting that kind of response to the post. Have never had an issue with members responding rudely, especially more than one, kind of sucks in all honesty because I love the group for what it offers.