Grille, Looking for your opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeathProof

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I drive a '13 Laramie and although I love the look of the stock grille it's not the best for letting out light. I installed 2 130w hilites on the crossmember behind the grille, in your opinion what looks the best on the front of these trucks?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
685d37c15457833dc99ee33623c872da.jpg

I think those look the best when you add a custom grille emblem or badge to them.

The best part about that grille is that it only cost $245 compared to the T-Rex and RBP grilles that cost $1,000+.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181810177029

The grille also comes with the "outer shell" so you don't have to cut and hack up your stock grille. This one just bolts right into the stock ones place and your done.

I bought the same exact style grille from that some exact eBay seller but it was for my 3rd gen Ram (2006). I then added a custom Red & Black"RAM" grille emblem from MainEventEmblems.com and this is how it looked:

efac7caba44930b1c111259515028c9a.jpg0bc25135c80a8943da8422f3c3350d5c.jpgc10809af16fabbb968f1df95e3d8f651.jpg

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
DeathProof

DeathProof

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply, I was actually looking into rbp but had no idea they were that expensive..
When you ordered the emblem from main event, how do they attach on your grille? Edit, I see some have bolt options I assume it's held up well?
Good looking truck

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wouldn't recommend RBP. Nice enough kit, but uber-expensive and horrible customer service. First hand knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the reply, I was actually looking into rbp but had no idea they were that expensive..
Yup. Not only are most of the RBP's $1,000+, they also require you to cut up and hack your grille to put them in. They do not come with a new grille shell, you have to cut out the + bars on your grille in order to put the RBP grill insert in.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I drive a '13 Laramie and although I love the look of the stock grille it's not the best for letting out light. I installed 2 130w hilites on the crossmember behind the grille, in your opinion what looks the best on the front of these trucks?
You have the chrome honeycomb grille right now?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When you ordered the emblem from main event, how do they attach on your grille? Edit, I see some have bolt options I assume it's held up well?
Good looking truck
Yes you can choose to either get it with 3m tape on the back, or they can weld on 2 long studs and you mount it with the studs.

Yes it held up super well. I traded in that truck on 12/9/16 and ended up selling that emblem to another member on here. I hope they are enjoying it as much as I did.

OP
OP
DeathProof

DeathProof

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have the chrome honeycomb grille right now?

I don't have any good pictures of my grille but it's the same as this one,
Screen-shot-2015-02-23-at-2.42.47-PM-1024x665.png

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't have any good pictures of my grille but it's the same as this one,
Screen-shot-2015-02-23-at-2.42.47-PM-1024x665.png
Perfect. Let me know when you get a new grille. I might be interested in buying your inserts if your interested in selling them?

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had this one from e-autogrilles for about a month now. The fit was good and it seems like a quality grille. I'm not that impressed with the lights in it. They don't really add much over the high beams, but I knew they'd be cheap lights. It was $587 on Ebay. I bought it for the looks more than anything. I think the grilles with and without lights are available without shells if you want to cut out your grille. It came with that emblem. I never saw anything about it being included, so I don't know if they all have it or not.

Attachments

• 20161207_160646.jpg
    20161207_160646.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 69

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've had this one from e-autogrilles for about a month now. The fit was good and it seems like a quality grille. I'm not that impressed with the lights in it. They don't really add much over the high beams, but I knew they'd be cheap lights. It was $587 on Ebay. I bought it for the looks more than anything. I think the grilles with and without lights are available without shells if you want to cut out your grille. It came with that emblem. I never saw anything about it being included, so I don't know if they all have it or not.
What does the emblem say? Can you get a closer picture.

Also, I've seen that exact grille from EAutoaGrilles but I thought it was only $400 something. I don't remember it costing $587 but I could be wrong.

Anyways it looks nice. What brand are the led lights?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here is the same EAutoGrilles Grille on eBay for $479 shipped - http://www.ebay.com/itm/191751564159

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That $400 was probably without the grille shell. I don't know what brand the lights are. I didn't really look and I don't remember a tag or sticker on them either. If you just had halogen bulbs in the headlights the grille lights would probably be quite a bit better than the highbeams. The highs in the projector with HIDs are freakin amazing.
The emblem says EVOLUTION. I don't know what the significance of that is, but I thought it looked good.

Attachments

• 20161207_160646.jpg
    20161207_160646.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 59

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had a thought while going through this thread. To me, the new RAM grill would be a good option to swap out with. You could use the 2 openings on each side to mount some lights.

Personally, I kind of like the new style grill and actually thought about seeing if they would swap out with my 2014.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd love to buy your insert if only the '13+ fit my '12 Laramie. Something about the way they redesigned it after my year just makes those Laramie grilles look way more badass than the older ones.

OP
OP
DeathProof

DeathProof

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the input here fellas, diggin the beaded rim and metal comb inside with a logo... Something OEM+ kinda...
maxresdefault.jpg
Any of y'all see something like this floating around eBay? Not sure if I'd want to risk hacking up the bezel to the grille....

Looks nice but I think there would be plenty of hella light without the integrated ones. The one without and a logo is likely the style I'll go...

I just had a thought while going through this thread. To me, the new RAM grill would be a good option to swap out with. You could use the 2 openings on each side to mount some lights.

Personally, I kind of like the new style grill and actually thought about seeing if they would swap out with my 2014.
Thought about that also because I think it's an attractive grille, however if my memory serves me right there is an air dam on the left and right side which negates the purpose of the new grille.

Perfect. Let me know when you get a new grille. I might be interested in buying your inserts if your interested in selling them?

I can't imagine the need to keep it in the garage if I'm happy with the new one, I'll give you first dibs.

I'd love to buy your insert if only the '13+ fit my '12 Laramie. Something about the way they redesigned it after my year just makes those Laramie grilles look way more badass than the older ones.
My truck is a '13 so I'd have to imagine it would fit yours, I really like how this grill looks (especially when people paint them black inside) but for behind grille lights they just block too much. I see your in the Dallas area, Austin here, it would be easy to make something happen second dibs see above haha.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Awesome. When you looking into buying?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Thanks for all the input here fellas, diggin the beaded rim and metal comb inside with a logo... Something OEM+ kinda...
maxresdefault.jpg
Any of y'all see something like this floating around eBay? Not sure if I'd want to risk hacking up the bezel to the grille....

Looks nice but I think there would be plenty of hella light without the integrated ones. The one without and a logo is likely the style I'll go...

Thought about that also because I think it's an attractive grille, however if my memory serves me right there is an air dam on the left and right side which negates the purpose of the new grille.

I can't imagine the need to keep it in the garage if I'm happy with the new one, I'll give you first dibs.

My truck is a '13 so I'd have to imagine it would fit yours, I really like how this grill looks (especially when people paint them black inside) but for behind grille lights they just block too much. I see your in the Dallas area, Austin here, it would be easy to make something happen second dibs see above haha.

That grille looks top class,ram emblem looks great on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf