Grilles... 09-12 vs. 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, today I found out the hard way that there's actually different grilles for these different groups of 4th Gen trucks. Two days ago I found a full black grille with rams head for $100. Due to the "can't pass this up price" I convinced the wife to let me get it. This morning after mowing the lawn and cleaning the yards, I go to the garage, take off the stock chrome grille, pick up the black one, set it in place, and it ain't happening.

First, the "locking" tabs at the bottom don't line up. Newer models are farther out than in the early ones. Also, the new ones are considerably taller than the early ones. If it wasn't for the extra height, I would have been able to make it fit cause the bolts holes on top are still exactly the same.

So, just use this as a forwarning for anyone out there who might not have known. Might save a little bit of a headache from the wife...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ElTerrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
live and learn.... imho the honeycomb grill is the best looking one.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I prefer the 09-12 grills. The new HDs still have them. The new ones with the curved edges look soft.