GTR Gen3 LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was 5 minutes away from clicking on an HID kit for my TYC projector upgrade and I watched a video from Headlight Revolution. I have spent hours ( as many have) researching, watching you-tube, etc on LED lights for projectors or HID. I concluded the only way was HID to get light down the road where it counts.

Then, I read that GTR Gen 3 LED's came out in December. Supposedly, these are designed to more duplicate the beam dynamics of a halogen bulb and are brighter than Gen 2 LED's. I guess this is why LED's, although look brighter, don't project as good as HID or Halogen especially in projector lenses. HR also has a new Supernova LED V3, which they haven't even put on the website yet. The Supernova LED v3 has altered the diode the same as GTR for more halogen like performance.

Pretty pricey at $199 plus $40 for anti-flicker. The are enroute so I will try the install and see what we get....:favorites13:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's all marketing, unfortunately. Those guys even admit on their product page that you're better off with halogens or HIDs in projectors.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The opt 7 brand that I have performed very well. The anti flickering would be nice but for $100 less these things do way better than the halogens that were in it. And now they have a brighter set.