Halo Headlight Upgrade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Thinking about putting a set of Led black Halo’s on my 13 Ram? Looking at the eBay combo packages with the tail lights and third light. Anyone put a set of halos in their Ram yet? I love the beam on my stock ones but those halo headlights really give the front end a different look. Anyone got a pic too? Like em or not??

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are some pictures of mine. They are spider headlights that I opened up, painted them black, added new LEDs,LED Halos and upgraded the projectors to Morimoto (spelling) projectors.

sJwnruA.jpg

NJ99mdt.jpg

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
How they work? Look sharp....looking at similar set on eBay with led halos and hid headlight bulbs. Truck is lifted so cars are gonna hate me Sr red lights lol....when they flip me off I turn the light bars on....BAM!! Lol

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They work great, especially once I took all the insides out and replaced everything. I have 55w Hids in mine and it`s no issue, however I am not lifted. You may have to point your lights down a bit.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So they don’t work that great? Not a good beam of light?

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Projectors are universal? How do I know which ones to order? Sorry never heard of them before...duh..lol mini 2.5 projectors is what I found on eBay?

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So do the projectors cut down on the light output? Make it a tighter spot? Couple people pm me and told me they like hid’s better without them and couple guys loved them with projectors? Never had them before so kinda clueless..lol

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I buy the kit with hids included do I need to ad resistor and a relay in too. Local shop said for some reason Dodges flicker with out them a lot of times??

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thing is hid in stock reflector style headlight appear to show more output because of the reflector the light scatters ... good thing for you bad thing for the people coming in the opposite direction your blinding the hell out of them. Projectors put the beam where it's suppose to be down the road in a more direct position and you have a cutoff Where it's not going to blind everybody else.

A good read probably a better way of saying what I mean

http://bestheadlightbulbs.com/projector-vs-reflector-headlights-which-is-best/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I buy the kit with hids included do I need to ad resistor and a relay in too. Local shop said for some reason Dodges flicker with out them a lot of times??
yes you will need capacitors and resistors. TRS makes a harness specifically for Mopar and its CANBUS system. a few weeks ago I installed their full mopar HID kit in my Power Wagon and i love it. Let me know if your interested in a HID setup thru us. We can also get you aftermarket head lights or parts needed to upgrade your headlights with aftermarket projectors if you wanted a DIY setup

we offer anzo products and spyder products. Also as you know PM me for special pricing
Search results for: 'Dodge-RAM 1500-2014'
http://www.spyderauto.com/product_l...del=Ram&car_year=2013&cat=Projector Headlight

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found the exact set i’ve Been looking for on eBay BUT it says “will not fit in vehicle with factory projector headlights”
Literally show it fitting ANY model Ramform 09-13 but says that “will not fit vehicle with factory projector headlights”out on a side bar next to every model ram??
Now i’m Confused lol....

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the factory projectors only on sport or upgraded models? Mine is just Tradesman, nothing crazy.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found the exact set i’ve Been looking for on eBay BUT it says “will not fit in vehicle with factory projector headlights”
Literally show it fitting ANY model Ramform 09-13 but says that “will not fit vehicle with factory projector headlights”out on a side bar next to every model ram??
Now i’m Confused lol....

I think the wiring connector is different on projector trucks

Last edited:

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JB1 is correct. The factory projectors ate offered on sport (black) and laramie (chrome) trims. Most everything else comes with quads. The wiring is different between the two styles of headlights. So, if yours came with quads or even duals, those ebay lights should be plug and play.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now i’m Confused lol....

Its juwt the witing that's different. Any of the light will physically fit.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now i’m Confused lol....

That means it will only fit trucks that have factory quad headlights and will not will on trucks with factory projectors. By your avatar picture it looks like you have quads so it should work on your truck. Post a picture of your trucks headlight to verify.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got Anzo/Eagle Eye projector headlights with halo and LED turn signals. I bought a HID kit from the Retrofit Source and they matched it perfectly to the Anzo housings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 23

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
you definitely have to watch ebay specials, on the 4th gens the ones that come with Halos are OK at best even with HIDs, and to add to that they are a pain to adjust on most sets, there are some that have decent output but dont have halos, i tested a set and they worked great, but no halos or anything but they were black, and yes the rams that came with projectors had a different wiring harness on the trucks and thats why the listings say that

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
My non halo ebay black projector headlights

193c1df7627d3f099c95853c022602ef.jpg

And had really nice output

5242b10f0d194598bd1b83b954f720cc.jpg