Has anyone actually tried the $40 ebay LEDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I searched but didn't find anything. I know a lot of you are sold on the OPT7 bulbs but I just have a hard time believing that they aren't just like pretty much every other electronic device out there. All made by 1 or 2 manufacturers and rebranded (sometimes slightly modified) so they can be sold with varying costs. I know sometimes everyone gets hooked on one brand because they are more expensive when the cheaper alternatives are the same exact thing. Not saying that's the case with OPT7, but I've seen it before. I'm just starting to look into the LED stuff so I admittedly have no clue what I'm talking about.... yet. I did just came across this video though and it pretty much proves my point, at least to me anyway. So if no one has actually tried them yet, I'll be happy to be the guinea pig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J Rod

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so apparently I should've done a little more research before posting. I just sifted through some of the stuff on ebay and I couldn't believe how many variations there are, clearly these are not all "slightly modified" versions of the same bulb. Some of them do however look very close, if not identical to the OPT7s. I guess in this case it makes sense to pay a little more for something you know will work rather than gambling to save a few bucks. I'd still be curious to hear if anyone else has tried any of these ebay brands through. I might still give them a try for the fogs, not sure I want to risk it with something as important as headlights though.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lighting is one of the areas, (along with suspension and tires, etc) that I am absolutely uncompromising. Anything even remotely capable of compromising safety in the slightest will never be replaced with chicom **** just to save a few dollars. Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I searched but didn't find anything. I know a lot of you are sold on the OPT7 bulbs but I just have a hard time believing that they aren't just like pretty much every other electronic device out there. All made by 1 or 2 manufacturers and rebranded (sometimes slightly modified) so they can be sold with varying costs. I know sometimes everyone gets hooked on one brand because they are more expensive when the cheaper alternatives are the same exact thing. Not saying that's the case with OPT7, but I've seen it before. I'm just starting to look into the LED stuff so I admittedly have no clue what I'm talking about.... yet. I did just came across this video though and it pretty much proves my point, at least to me anyway. So if no one has actually tried them yet, I'll be happy to be the guinea pig.

Ok so apparently I should've done a little more research before posting. I just sifted through some of the stuff on ebay and I couldn't believe how many variations there are, clearly these are not all "slightly modified" versions of the same bulb. Some of them do however look very close, if not identical to the OPT7s. I guess in this case it makes sense to pay a little more for something you know will work rather than gambling to save a few bucks. I'd still be curious to hear if anyone else has tried any of these ebay brands through. I might still give them a try for the fogs, not sure I want to risk it with something as important as headlights though.
Well if you want to know if any of the cheap alternative ebay leds are like the new Opt7 Bulbs, you need to look for a few things. The Newest opt7 led bulb is the FluxBeam-X, which is the 2nd Generation of the fluxbeam line.

Look at an upclose photo of the opt7 FluxBeam-X LED bulb. Look at the actual led's. They have what's called "Arc-Beam technology". They have a small glass bubble over the led bulbs. This is what gives the opt7 bulbs a better, cleaner, clearer light beam output. I was amazed when I put the FluxBeam-X bulbs into my Halogen lense quads. They projected what looked like a projector like cutoff. They project the light exactly where it should be. The light doesn't "scatter" into the trees and oncoming traffic.

When you buy those ebay bulbs, yea they might be just as bright or have more lumens. But the light is going to be scattered everywhere and unfocused. The reason the opt7 bulbs are $110 (which is cheap compared to most led bulbs that are $150- $200) is because of the research and development that went into making them project the led light properly.

If you buy them make sure the led's are at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock when they are sitting in the housing. Also the bulbs have a L and a R so make sure the L side is to the left and the R is to the right. Most people don't do either of these and then ***** the led lights suck. Look at my pictures and you will see what a properly aligned opt7 FluxBeam-X LED Bulb Looks like in a halogen Quad housing.

d1898055fe5d7e9e6075e5d48e98ff4d.jpgf905f5580761a500dad9018a553d4f96.jpg26af942f0857001bac7894f466a9b3cb.jpg

Click Here to Read My Install + Review Thread With 30+ Pictures

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends.

Headlights? No, I wouldn't skimp out on those. I'm running a morimoto hid kit in my low's and a eBay hid kit in my fogs. Haven't had any issues with either kit going on well over a year now.

Replacing spots like interior lights? Eh....I've had good luck with cheap eBay led's. Same thing with taillights and reverse bulbs. I'd just do good research and read the reviews before you make a purchase.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J Rod

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if you want to know if any of the cheap alternative ebay leds are like the new Opt7 Bulbs, you need to look for a few things. The Newest opt7 led bulb is the FluxBeam-X, which is the 2nd Generation of the fluxbeam line.

Look at an upclose photo of the opt7 FluxBeam-X LED bulb. Look at the actual led's. They have what's called "Arc-Beam technology". They have a small glass bubble over the led bulbs. This is what gives the opt7 bulbs a better, cleaner, clearer light beam output. I was amazed when I put the FluxBeam-X bulbs into my Halogen lense quads. They projected what looked like a projector like cutoff. They project the light exactly where it should be. The light doesn't "scatter" into the trees and oncoming traffic.

When you buy those ebay bulbs, yea they might be just as bright or have more lumens. But the light is going to be scattered everywhere and unfocused. The reason the opt7 bulbs are $110 (which is cheap compared to most led bulbs that are $150- $200) is because of the research and development that went into making them project the led light properly.

If you buy them make sure the led's are at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock when they are sitting in the housing. Also the bulbs have a L and a R so make sure the L side is to the left and the R is to the right. Most people don't do either of these and then ***** the led lights suck. Look at my pictures and you will see what a properly aligned opt7 FluxBeam-X LED Bulb Looks like in a halogen Quad housing.

Click Here to Read My Install + Review Thread With 30+ Pictures

Great info! Thanks

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great info! Thanks
Another member on here saw my review and went to Amazon and accidently ordered the original 1st Generation FluxBeam bulbs for $99. Luckily he posted that he did that because I was able to correct him and he canceled his order and ordered the correct FluxBeam-X bulbs for 109.95. So make sure you order the ones priced $109.95 because they are the new 2nd Generation FluxBeam-X bulbs. If they cost $99 or $89 then they are the older FluxBeam 1st Generation bulbs. Look for the X after FluxBeam to make sure you get the same bulbs I got. Otherwise the light output and overall quality will be the old 3yr old bulb. The FluxBeam-X just came out 2 months ago.

If you order from Opt-7.com I have a coupon code for 10% off so the new FluxBeam-X bulbs that are 109.95 end up coming out to $99.95 anyways. If you want the promo code PM me.