Hate to do this but...... (wheel tire)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05christj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So I have been looking for wheels for my truck, the tires on the truck now are on the stock wheels and rubbing the sway bar.

So I googled the stock wheel size and found this

Factory Wheel Back Space Info

Which says 20X9 with a offset of +19.5 and 5.75 BS

Now I want to keep the same width wheel but just move the wheel/tire out a bit so it does not rub the sway bar but not so much I start hitting the bumper.

So the wheels I was looking at come in 20X9 with options of +12, 0, or -12 offset.
I was looking at -12 but that was when I was assuming the stock wheel was a 0 offset. So do yall think I should go with a 0 or still -12?

My tires are 305/55/20 nitto Terra grapplers but will be replaced soon with BFG AT KO of comparable size.

Edit: I am on a 2.5" HBS leveling kit up front and stock out back.

Last edited:

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Assuming you're at stock height since you didn't mention a leveling kit. I'd stick with the 0 offset. That will move your wheel/tire 3/4" out from where they are now. You'll have more than enough clearance on the sway bar but shouldn't need to do any trimming since your tires are only 33" tall. If you want to play it really safe then you can go with the +12 offset.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Assuming you're at stock height since you didn't mention a leveling kit. I'd stick with the 0 offset. That will move your wheel/tire 3/4" out from where they are now. You'll have more than enough clearance on the sway bar but shouldn't need to do any trimming since your tires are only 33" tall. If you want to play it really safe then you can go with the +12 offset.

Just waited for you to explain...

OP
OP

05christj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

I apologize I am on a 2.5" HBS leveling kit in front, stock out back.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
They you'll have no issue running either the -12, 0 or +12 offset. All depends on how far you want your tires to stick out past the fender.