Head lights are crap in 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Just another high light dim issue. I have a 2018 ram 2500 Laramie, loaded with everything a person could put in one but the headlights are just bad. The projectors seem to be clean and clear but the bulb they use is so yellow it makes them seem dim. Anyone know of replacement bulbs yet? I don't want the blue 12k bulbs but a nice 8k bulb would be awesome at this point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just another high light dim issue. I have a 2018 ram 2500 Laramie, loaded with everything a person could put in one but the headlights are just bad. The projectors seem to be clean and clear but the bulb they use is so yellow it makes them seem dim. Anyone know of replacement bulbs yet? I don't want the blue 12k bulbs but a nice 8k bulb would be awesome at this point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What bulbs do they use? I’d say go to your local parts store and pick you up a set of the Silverstars, Silverstar Ultras or those ZxE’s. I can’t imagine any manufacturer using quality bulbs. Silverstar Ultras are expensive but they’re good bulbs. I’ve used them for years. Even those ZxE’s are good, too. Don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, IMO, I will just always throw HIDs in the projectors, but if you don't want to do that, then i would suggest changing the stock 9005 bulbs to the much brighter 9011 HIR1 bulbs.

How to Modify HIR bulb bases

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
The higher the Kelvin, the fewer lumens. 4300 to 5000 is most output for hid.