Headlight Adjust After 4" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have searched but am a little confused - what is the method everyone has used with good success? I have seen where the factory height is 35" so should I mark this level back up 25ft and adjust down? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's like a 2" drop in 25'. So pull a measurement next to your headlights, back up 25' and pull another. If it's a 2" difference, you good to go. If not, adjust it.

OP
OP
S

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's like a 2" drop in 25'. So pull a measurement next to your headlights, back up 25' and pull another. If it's a 2" difference, you good to go. If not, adjust it.

So park directly in front of garage door or other flat surface, put a piece of tape where the brightest spot is on each side, back up 25' and adjust back to the original pieces of tape?

OP
OP
S

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, back up 25' and adjust headlight to be 2" below tape.

Gotcha - so pull up close, tape position of headlights, back up 25', adjust to 2" below tape.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Get 25 feet away. Measure directly in front of the headlight. Take that measurement to the wall. Drop 1 inch for the brightest spot.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Aim your headlights directly at eye level of incoming traffic, seems to be the standard around here.

pkrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I had my grill off my 17 Ram. I could not see how to adjust my factory lights after my 2" leveling kit. But then again the factory lights are horrible, maybe that's why I haven't been flashed, but thinking of upgrading the bulbs, so if anyone can advice me I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Open the hood and look on top of the headlights. On the fender body itself there's a few holes. One on each side has an arrow pointing to it. In there you will find the adjustment screw. Think it's a 7mm if I'm not mistaking?

pkrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Open the hood and look on top of the headlights. On the fender body itself there's a few holes. One on each side has an arrow pointing to it. In there you will find the adjustment screw. Think it's a 7mm if I'm not mistaking?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk