Headlight bulbs/Fog lights/clear turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I just bought me a new set of headlights switching from projectors to a set of slightly smoked clear cornered stock-like headlights.

Three questions:
I know that these trucks don't have very good lighting with the stock halogen headlights let alone a set of slightly smoked set but I'm looking to get new high and low beam bulbs. What kind will put out the best light? I think I saw someone mention xenon type but want to be sure. Also wondering what an LED upgrade would take if that's even possible with these lights.

Second, since I have smoked headlights, I want the fogs to match. Looked on eBay and see a couple options but I'm not sure they are direct replacements since I see some of them come with their own wiring and switches which I do not want. Do they make a direct aftermarket set of smoked fogs for these trucks? I should mention mine is a '12 so they are the rectangular shaped ones.

Last, since I have the headlights with clear corners, I'd rather not have the amber color of the bulb sticking out in there. I can't seem to find a clear bulb that will shine amber. What are my options when trying to find a replacement for the amber colored bulb?

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used led for the turn signals. You will need to add the resistors, it is a simple process. These led's and resistors can be picked up at places like Autozone fairly cheap. For your other lights I would suggest not going the cheap route and many will recommend opt7 fluxbeam x. That is the route I will probably take with these new lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20171029_101217.jpg
    IMG_20171029_101217.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 28

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, those are the fluxbeam x. Best to go with the most powerful they have which are those. However, go directly to their website first to see what fog light upgrade options you have to match your low beams if you were looking for a matching scheme. And, I thought I saw them for $109, not $119, I could be mistaken. There are other brand options obviously, but many members highly recommend opt7.

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I think the extra $10 is with resistors that they include in the kit. 109 was the base price. Thanks a lot for the reply.