Headlight flicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've noticed when driving at night lights on. Every once in awhile the headlights will flicker I have the standard quad lights. Doesn't happen when I hit a bump. Road will be smooth then they flicker. It's odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you replaced your headlight bulbs? Very common to experience headlight issues due to the canbus system that controls your lighting in our trucks. I had to buy an LED kit that can with the canbus adapter, just a plug and play device that plugs between the bulb and the truck, easy to install. If you haven't done anything to the lights than I haven't got a clue.
Good Luck

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had HIDs in my quad headlamps and then switched to LEDs, both hooked up with relays and resistors, I too get the flicker but it doesnt happen when doing anything specific or at certain times. Quite random. I think of it as my truck is blinking or I am blinking and not realizing it.

topper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2016 has an occasional flicker also. I've wondered if the heated mirrors cycling on might be causing it.

OP
OP
I

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you replaced your headlight bulbs? Very common to experience headlight issues due to the canbus system that controls your lighting in our trucks. I had to buy an LED kit that can with the canbus adapter, just a plug and play device that plugs between the bulb and the truck, easy to install. If you haven't done anything to the lights than I haven't got a clue.
Good Luck

No. The truck is only 3 months old. It doesn't do it all the time. Maybe once or twice in a 30 min drive.

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 1500 has had the headlights flicker since I bought it. This was a topic in a Facebook group and a few hundred other people said their trucks do it too

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try doing a Google search. I swear I read about this on one of the many other Ram forums I'm a member on.

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Many threads on this, seems to be quite common. My 2016 does it also, thought I was seeing things at first. My dads 2016 does it also

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2011 just started doing this same thing, but its all the lights. Not really sure if if the same thing but last night mine actually got brighter like I flashed my highbeams. I think my alternator is dying

Last edited:
Reactions: Kab