Headlight help PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S2000gtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hello everyone , I need some help . I have a 2015 Dodge Ram sport with projector headlights . I was washing my truck when I realize the headlight had a burn mark around the lense . Took it to the dealer and they wanna order me a new one but the new projectors come with chrome around the projector instead of the all black housing that I have now .

What should I do .

I have attach picture below of the all black housing that I have now and the new one they wanna give me . I have a silver 2015 sport by the way .

Attachments

• IMG_3515.jpg
    IMG_3515.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 65

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No choice but to do it, or buy a new set out of pocket. Chrysler discontinued that style because of the burn marks.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great! I have the black ones, I hope they dont burn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, if you have problems with the black bezel ones the dealership is suppose to replace both headlights with the new chrome bezels.

OP
OP
S

S2000gtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No choice but to do it, or buy a new set out of pocket. Chrysler discontinued that style because of the burn marks.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Ugh that's what I was afraid of. I'm not a fan of the chrome . And I'm assuming my bulb will change from 9012 to whatever the new ones are

BUGGS99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
you get to keep the black bezels, have them replace them and then sell the new ones and go party. :favorites13:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't get it...why can't they get you the all back one? they still make them and they are available.

I wouldn't compromise. Tell them to get you the right replacement and to stop messin' around.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't get it...why can't they get you the all back one? they still make them and they are available.

I wouldn't compromise. Tell them to get you the right replacement and to stop messin' around.

I don't think they make them anymore, someone on here posted a thread about the dealership ordering the part number for the black ones and when they arrived they were the chrome ones. The dealership called RAM and was told black ones are discontinued.... I could be wrong.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I might be wrong too but discontinuing a part that is two years old just doesn't seem right.

OP
OP
S

S2000gtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I might be wrong too but discontinuing a part that is two years old just doesn't seem right.

i was advise that it was discontinued. also upon checking the forums it seem others had the same issue where theres was exchange for the chrome one also. upon checking the entire dealership i couldn't find any new ram 2017 RAM 1500 that had the all black housing. they all had the chrome insert. at this point im not sure what to do yet. there currently on order and they claim they dont know what will come in. if its the chrome insert im going to tell them i want to keep the all black ones.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

They were discontinued because of the problem OP is reporting. They switched over production to ones with chrome shrouds and all replacements are the same. The lights shown here were only made for a short period of time before they discovered the design flaw.