Headlight questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all question about upgrading headlights. A few questions actually. I have a 2014 sport w the projector lens setup. I know I want 5000 k for color. Do I need a set for high and low beams? Also what’s the difference between the LED vsHID versions??? Not sure if it matters much but I do a lot of country driving at night and would love to see the critters in time to stop and not need a new grill or front end after hitting something!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all question about upgrading headlights. A few questions actually. I have a 2014 sport w the projector lens setup. I know I want 5000 k for color. Do I need a set for high and low beams? Also what’s the difference between the LED vsHID versions??? Not sure if it matters much but I do a lot of country driving at night and would love to see the critters in time to stop and not need a new grill or front end after hitting something!

Thanks in advance!

I've had HID and LED. Personally I like the LED better. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with the quad headlights. The LEDs fit inside the housing with the warning cancelors installed. The HIDs I had I install an external fuse with a relay and drill through the dust cap. It was a pain in the ass. And I got all condensation in my headlight even after siliconing it. You have to see if you have two bulbs or one for your projectors. Diode dynamics or Jeremy at Retroshop would be able to point you in the right direction with bulbs.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I'm hid fan here. You shouldn't have to drill as you can run the wires out the bottom of the cap. You will need a relay with resistors.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With your projectors the best thing to do is install a 35 watt 5500K HID kit. And to not worry about the high beam bulb. The projectors have a shutter that works real good to lower the beam with the low's on, Never install a LED in a projector housing because they will not light up the road worth crap.
I like to get the complete upgrade kit from The Retorfit Source.
Some places will try to sell you a 45watt kit, but all they are a 35 watt bulbs that are overdriven, and they still will not produce 45 watts, but it will cut the bulb life in half.
Take some time and do a search and you will find this topic has been brought up many times.