Headlight Revolution V.3 LED Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
After a lot of research reading and of course u tube videos I came to the conclusion that the Headlight Revolution Super Nova V.3 bulb LED Kit was going to be the kit I try out. Unfortunately they only offer a V.2 kit for the 4th gen Ram trucks on their site. So I thought I would call them up and see when they might be offering a similar kit using the V.3 bulbs.

I got a hold of Anthony and he was a great help and further more saying they would send me a V.3 kit at the same price they were offering the V.2 kit for.
SO I went ahead and ordered the kit. This is where it all went terribly wrong. I can only assume their is absolutely no communication between Anthony and the shipping side of their businesses as they sent me the V.2 kit despite saying it would be sent with the V3 bulbs. I am sure everyone here has rushed home in anticipation of installing their latest upgrade that came via UPS or Fed Ex while you are at work. What a let down seeing the V.2 bulb as while still an upgrade to the stockers not what I was hoping for.

Called them back up and Anthony answered the phone so I asked him what was up and he apologized for the mistake and said he would; ship the V.3 Bulbs out right away and sent a UPS shipping tag so I could ship the V.2 back with no money out of my pocket. Being in the service industry I really appreciated his candor and honesty. He did not try to make excuses, simply apologized for the mistake and made it right. Hats off to Headlight Revolution for being a stand up outfit.

I kept the V.2 kit until the V.3 kit arrived and it was a good thing as when the V.3 kit cam it did not have the can-bus cancelers.
I installed the kit this morning in all of 35 minutes, the LED moduals and cancerlers all fit in the housing just as shown on their video.
Plug and play all the way as simple as simple gets. Worked flawless and no bulb out or lights thrown on my dash when Highs, parking o turn signals are on
I will be getting a before and after picture posted tomorrow after I do the afters this evening so you can judge for yourself.

On paper here is how it shakes out
Stock Halogens = 767 LUX at 23 feet
Super Nova V.2 = 1168 LUX at 23 feet
Super Nova V.3 = 1660 LUX at 23 feet

These are the numbers they report on their videos, are they to be believed ? time will tell, but I am of the mind that altering these results could blow up in their face over time so I am not convinced they would make a conscious decision to do so ? I will let you guys know if I like them after doing some driving this evening. I already love the color of them, but buyer beware, if you do not like a cool white color these bulbs are not for you, They have subtle blue hue to them in the day light, not sure if you can see on the pictures below or not. They say they are 6000K color. I really like the color personally

Here are the two videos that are pertinent to this conversation

1st
LED shoot out, points for some cool guns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQF5ESBHLrw

2nd
Installation instructions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mitol4qbWME

My apologies for the crappy quality camera :(

3_zpsi6wp03w8.jpg

4_zpsm31zv9hc.jpg

5_zpsyznmkdgb.jpg

6_zpsqrub4pdd.jpg

Here are the Sylvania's ZXE bulbs

7_zpsc2mqlvby.jpg

:favorites13:

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious as to the light pattern. I had opt7 in and the output pattern was horrible in my headlights compared to stock. I even tried adjusting them. I'm curious as to how these turn out because I've been wanting to swap to a 5 or 6k color and still get a good pattern. Most leds I've noticed scatter a lot. No noticeable pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's good to see more led products coming around. When (if) my Hids take a crap, I'd like to try out a good led setup.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Here is the head to head photos

7_zpsc2mqlvby.jpg
8_zpsdpemao3h.jpg

Was out driving this evening, really is a night and day difference
Not convinced I can see further, maybe a little. But it really does not fade, you can see crystal clear to where the beam ends going down the road
I have to say the the beam pattern problem and streaking do not exist in the Super Nova V.3 world. I think they have left that behind for the bottom feeders to fight over. The other thing I noticed is how natural colors really come to life, it is almost like watching a black and white TV and then watching a color TV. If anyone on here is old enough to know what black and white TV was ....... :)
Yes they are expensive. All I can say in my opinion they are a bargain, yes I can see that much better at night. my high beam will be getting much less use, and when I do hit them on all that comes to mind is a quote from Mr T

"I pitty the fool" , as it is lighting it up :happy107:

Please note, I have no affiliation to Headlight Revolution. If these were garbage I would not hesitate to throw them under the bus.
However that is not the case, If you have been looking at LED lights and are willing to spend the money on some top quality bulbs in my estimation you really need not look past the V.3 kit

I am now really taking a hard look at the switchback blinkers

:cheers:

Last edited:

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is the head to head photos

7_zpsc2mqlvby.jpg

8_zpsdpemao3h.jpg

Was out driving this evening, really is a night and day difference

Not convinced I can see further, maybe a little. But it really does not fade, you can see crystal clear to where the beam ends going down the road

I have to say the the beam pattern problem and streaking do not exist in the Super Nova V.3 world. I think they have left that behind for the bottom feeders to fight over. The other thing I noticed is how natural colors really come to life, it is almost like watching a black and white TV and then watching a color TV. If anyone on here is old enough to know what black and white TV was ....... :)

Yes they are expensive. All I can say in my opinion they are a bargain, yes I can see that much better at night. my high beam will be getting much less use, and when I do hit them on all that comes to mind is a quote from Mr T

"I pitty the fool" , as it is lighting it up :happy107:

Please note, I have no affiliation to Headlight Revolution. If these were garbage I would not hesitate to throw them under the bus.

However that is not the case, If you have been looking at LED lights and are willing to spend the money on some top quality bulbs in my estimation you really need not look past the V.3 kit

I am now really taking a hard look at the switchback blinkers

:cheers:

You get what you pay for for automotive products. Definitely would get this if I didn't have projectors. I still don't understand how so many people can be on the opt7 bandwagon. I just think it's people who really don't understand how lights work

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell yea. I'm going to jump on that band wagon. I like that light pattern and the color is nice.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
That is awesome, Glad I may have helped yourself and some other members have a better insight on the V.3 product. Please post your thoughts and results here so we can see how they worked out for you :happy107:

I think you are really going to dig these lights, driving around last night I was thinking how could Chrysler not include these with their trucks, night and day difference ........

Jeremy73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tagged

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm always keeping an eye out for a really good LED kit for my oem projectors. One thing I've learned is a good/great LED kit in a stock quad might not be a good/great kit in a oem projector. I'll be interested to see someone (not me...lol) try these out in oem projectors.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Yea, on their site they do not recommend LED's for projectors, probably better off with a nice HID kit :)

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm always keeping an eye out for a really good LED kit for my oem projectors. One thing I've learned is a good/great LED kit in a stock quad might not be a good/great kit in a oem projector. I'll be interested to see someone (not me...lol) try these out in oem projectors.

You do not want led for projectors. You need HID. An led in a projector will cause terrible light output

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Dropping back into this thread to give everyone an update

seems like everyday goes by I appreciate these V3 lights even more.

Anyway the real reason I am posting to say I just installed the switchback turn signals / parking lights

They took me two tries to get right but once I did they work as advertised.
Having daytime running lights is nice and helps other drivers see me.

The wiring is straight forward with the resistors , Drivers side break green and whit and black , passenger side break brown and white and black

My first try I broke white and orange and black on the passenger side and my right turn signal hyper blinked and was driving me nuts, switched to the brown and white per Antony at headlight Revolution and all is right in the world, no dash error lights and slow steady blinking both sides and the added safety of daytime running lights

Digging the Switchbacks :favorites13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWceLM-giKg

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
nope, kinda blows
photo bucket does not work anymore unless you pay

That coupled with the sites size restriction make photos a mute point, shame as they say a picture says a thousand words

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You do not want led for projectors. You need HID. An led in a projector will cause terrible light output

I agree 100% on HID's on projectors.
Check out the photos of my 17 Sport with projectors. Stock low beam and stock fogs, Hid low beam and led fogs, and Hid high beam. There is a major difference in visibility at night.

Attachments

• Stock Lights.jpg
    Stock Lights.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 73
  • Hid low and XML2 Led fog.jpg
    Hid low and XML2 Led fog.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Hid high beam.jpg
    Hid high beam.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 72

S2000gtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I agree 100% on HID's on projectors.
Check out the photos of my 17 Sport with projectors. Stock low beam and stock fogs, Hid low beam and led fogs, and Hid high beam. There is a major difference in visibility at night.

Is there any hid kit that doesn't require drilling a hole in the dust cap ?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
x2, saw vids, like the V3, curious in quads how you like them still?

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
@Witch
Still happy with the Super Nova LED‘s?

David,

yes I am very happy with the V.3 low beams,

So happy I went with GTR switchback turn signals so i can use parking lights as white daytime running lights

Works awesome, girlfriend picked me up the V.3 High beams and blacked out quads for Christmas !!!

May have to marry this one ......... lol

Too dam cold to put them in. Once it warms up I will report on the high beams.

make no mistake the V.3 low beams not only crush XZE aftermarket halogens I had.

They make them look silly

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a lot for that follow up!
Guess I know what my next mod is gonna be. :rolleyes: