Headlight suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepN77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
SPort, I have OPT7 CREE LED bulbs and really don't care for them, was thinking of putting their new brighter Flux Beam Xs in as fogs, or possibly a rigid Fog mount for dual D2s on each side. That way is probably out of the budget.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SPort, I have OPT7 CREE LED bulbs and really don't care for them, was thinking of putting their new brighter Flux Beam Xs in as fogs, or possibly a rigid Fog mount for dual D2s on each side. That way is probably out of the budget.

I was looking at some LED pods from altered off road. Seems reasonable price wise just unsure of the quality. They have kits with brackets and plug and play harnesses from 165 I threw a thread up awhile back to see if anyone had experience using them but nobody seems to have. I might be the guinea pig for them lol. Debating on those or just throwing the tint on with a set of HIDs to match my headlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I've had a lot of luck with a set of project headlights I got on eBay from a company called "VIPMotoZ" they installed great and I have yet to have a single problem with them. Only cost 200 bucks too!

Thanks for posting this... I'm thinking about ordering them. So these come with LED low beams?? How would you compare the light output to stock quads?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they are led low beams and factory high beams.

I would say they are about 25% brighter than the factory headlights. They obviously are not super bright because they are cheap but they are an improvement [emoji1303]

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had a lot of luck with a set of project headlights I got on eBay from a company called "VIPMotoZ" they installed great and I have yet to have a single problem with them. Only cost 200 bucks too!

Ipex motoring $115
I just thought of a question I wanted to ask you guys about these eBay lights. If you grab a pair to replace the factory quads and end up dissatisfied with light output can you simply buy brighter bulbs that just directly plug in?

That's pretty much all I ever do with my factory lights, I just put those brighter Sylvania bulbs in an that solved all my light issues. I get flashed by opposing traffic occasionally so obviously my $70 solution works... To be honest I just want to replace them purely for looks. I like the led halo DRL :p

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put those brighter Sylvania bulbs in an that solved all my light issues. .

To be honest I just want to replace them purely for looks. I like the led halo DRL :p

This is exactly why I bought mine. I couldn't stand the big chrome housings.

I actually had the sylvania (zxe's ? I think) bulbs in there before I did my retro.

They were bright enough but I just really wanted projectors.

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do get LED's try to get one with 4000 lummes I got a set of 2500 lummes and wish I would of got a 4000 lummes instead

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is exactly why I bought mine. I couldn't stand the big chrome housings.

I actually had the sylvania (zxe's ? I think) bulbs in there before I did my retro.

They were bright enough but I just really wanted projectors.
I'll be getting chrome ones if I do this

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

What 9005 bulbs did you drop in them? Says I needed to buy some but I wanna go ahead and get the 9005 high beams in before installing.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for posting this... I'm thinking about ordering them. So these come with LED low beams?? How would you compare the light output to stock quads?

Yes they are led low beams and factory high beams.

I would say they are about 25% brighter than the factory headlights. They obviously are not super bright because they are cheap but they are an improvement [emoji1303]

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was searching the forums for something and came across this thread.

Just an FYI to both of you, those ebay headlights you bought most definitely do NOT come with an LED bulb in the low beam. Just by looking at the pictures the H1 Bulb included is a Halogen bulb.

Definitely not an LED bulb in the low beam.

Sorry, just wanted to inform you 2 that if your driving around thinking you have an LED Low Beam, but it is in fact a low grade Halogen bulb that you could buy for $7 at pep boys.

I think your confusion comes from the photos that mentions led bulbs. The led's mentioned and installed on these lights are the small little lights around the outside. The running lights. Those are (Most likely) T10 led bulbs where as your low beam is an h1 Halogen.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmmm.....he does talk an awful lot about headlights ......

:roflsquared:

If we could only get him to see that HIDs go in projectors not OPT7 bulbs [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Admit it OnSale, you have a headlight fetish. :naughty:
It's true... [emoji26]
Hmmmm.....he does talk an awful lot about headlights ......

:roflsquared:
Lol I'll admit I screwed up. I placed and an order for oem projectors but canceled it and ordered the custom quads from jeremy. I screwed up. I really liked the custom quads but I just wasn't happy, in the end I really just wanted the oem projectors.

As for my posts, I'm gonna retrofit them so I need as much info as possible. Also my buddy loved my custom quads but couldn't afford to buy them so he wants a set of Black quads so I've been researching info for him aswell.

But good news I've got everything figured out.
If we could only get him to see that HIDs go in projectors not OPT7 bulbs [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

It's actually personal preference. I understand "everyone" puts hid's in their oem projector headlights but with that theory why don't I just follow everyone and do exactly as they do? Bahhhhhhh
:laughing1:

Good start to a Friday that's for sure.
Lol

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Oh and late last night I was researching some headlight stuff and came across this thread. I found it funny these guys thought the ebay headlights came with led low beam bulbs.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Was it hard to fit them?,looks like a great deal
I cant answer for him on his personal experience with those lights, but i do know that they will bolt right up and you shouldnt have any issues installing them or plugging them in as they will be plug n play.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk