Headlight suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Was it hard to fit them?,looks like a great deal
Just to let you know, those lights DO NOT come with led bulbs. They come with a very small H1 halogen bulb that will be worse then your stock headlights. Unless you also buy an h1 hid kit or an h1 led bulb, these lights will make it harder to see at night. I have personal experience with Spyder (really Sonar made lights rebranded Spyder) and other ebay headlights and they all pretty much are worse then oem.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Your obviously spamming the site and must have some affiliation with them.

You just joined today and you have 2 posts. Both posts are spamming this site.

Hopefully the mods ban you.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone installed Morimoto HID in factory projectors? I ordered the kit and the damn bulbs will not fit in my 16.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anyone installed Morimoto HID in factory projectors? I ordered the kit and the damn bulbs will not fit in my 16.

They should... i believe jeremy at retroshop ships out the xb bulbs with his kit but i could be mistaken.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

They fit. Make sure you ordered the correct bulb for your year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called and had them put it in the cart while I was on the phone. They will not go in. They sent me 9012 bulbs. I also had a set from my Sierra 9006 bulbs. The plastic lip will not insert in the metal lip of the projector lights. Beyond pissed

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any clue what size they are by chance? I have seen 9006 and 9012

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Any clue what size they are by chance? I have seen 9006 and 9012

If the oem projectors came in your truck from the factory, what year is your truck? If you swapped them in, what year truck did they come from? They changed bulb size from 9012 to 9005 in 2016.

9012 and 9006 are interchangable. The only difference is a 9006 will fit into a 9012 with no trimmimg but a 9012 will need the largest tab trimmed to fit into a 9006.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
http://www.lightbulbs4cars.com/ram bulb guide

That's crazy.. I looked that up, and it's like 3 different sizes for low beams on the truck w projectors..

Even then the only difference in the 9005 and 9006 is the O-Ring, I don't know why the plastic tip before the ring would not slide in. I have Putco LEDS in there now, and they do. Did you have to trim at all?

Thanks BTW.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's crazy.. I looked that up, and it's like 3 different sizes for low beams on the truck w projectors..

Even then the only difference in the 9005 and 9006 is the O-Ring, I don't know why the plastic tip before the ring would not slide in. I have Putco LEDS in there now, and they do. Did you have to trim at all?

Thanks BTW.

No problem. I have a 14 so no trimming for mine but many others have put them in the 16s and no trimming is required.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the oem projectors came in your truck from the factory, what year is your truck? If you swapped them in, what year truck did they come from? They changed bulb size from 9012 to 9005 in 2016.

9012 and 9006 are interchangable. The only difference is a 9006 will fit into a 9012 with no trimmimg but a 9012 will need the largest tab trimmed to fit into a 9006.

2016, it came with OEM projectors. I had my up fitter switch the bulbs after the 1st night I drove it. He put in Putco LEDS, which are not much better than stock..

ef39ef7bc3fe870317dee4c71c8e79bf.jpg

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the answers guys! I guess I order the 9005, and maybe give the fog lights a look at again too. They looked sweeet.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Just to let you know, those lights DO NOT come with led bulbs. They come with a very small H1 halogen bulb that will be worse then your stock headlights. Unless you also buy an h1 hid kit or an h1 led bulb, these lights will make it harder to see at night. I have personal experience with Spyder (really Sonar made lights rebranded Spyder) and other ebay headlights and they all pretty much are worse then oem.

Hey, thx a lot for this post....And your limitless headlight knowledge...lol

You saw the new headlights I ordered recently and I went back to look. Sure enough, H1 bulbs for the lows. I had ordered some new bulbs (4000k halogens...whoopty) in the stock size lows/highs, but see I need the H1 instead. These will just be Philips crystal vision ultra for now. They are cheap....What Sylvania/osram prices should be for these type bulbs.

This will get me by until I go HID in the projectors....Do I go morimoto or something else?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey, thx a lot for this post....And your limitless headlight knowledge...lol

You saw the new headlights I ordered recently and I went back to look. Sure enough, H1 bulbs for the lows. I had ordered some new bulbs (4000k halogens...whoopty) in the stock size lows/highs, but see I need the H1 instead. These will just be Philips crystal vision ultra for now. They are cheap....What Sylvania/osram prices should be for these type bulbs.

This will get me by until I go HID in the projectors....Do I go morimoto or something else?

Your welcome! When i first bought my Ram i knew nothing about the lighting in it, but over the last 4 or 5 months ive learned everything i know from these forums, google and other forums. You shouls try searching these forums for hid or aftermarket headlights or spyder, etc. There is a ton of info already on these forums so you can learn almost everything you need to know just by reading old threads.

But about your headlights, I saw a youtube video of a guy who bought a Morimoto h1 hid kit for his spyder headlights and the h1 hid bulb would not fit into the spyder headlights because the glass part of the bulb is too long and hits the glass of the projector lense before it can be turned and locked into the housing.

Those spyder "projector" headlights are made for halogen bulbs and not meant to have hid's put into them. If you really want to upgrade the bulb to something better then halogen you could always try buying an led bulb that is meant for a projector lense. The h1 led bulb should fit inside the projector, unlike the h1 hid bulb, as hid bulbs tend to be a little longer then halogen and led bulbs.

Last edited: